stillhopefull
on 9/1/11 4:36 am
I plan on placing an order tonight.  Thanks
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/1/11 5:21 am - Tuvalu
On September 1, 2011 at 11:33 AM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:
If the script is for a gel cap, it's the wrong form anyway - it's in oil.  And you don't need a script to get the proper dry D3 from Vitalady.

Oops...I didn't read this far.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/1/11 5:21 am - Tuvalu
On September 1, 2011 at 10:47 AM Pacific Time, stillhopefull wrote:
My PCP gave me a script for this and to be taken once a week.  I told her I needed this daily and I got the look.    I explained AGAIN the vitamin requirements and again the look.  She is a RNY doc and I am her only DS patient.  Other than finding a third PCP I want to know your thoughts.....................
thanks,
terry

Rx D3 is oil based...you might as well just dump them right in the toilet.  Too bad...insurance doesn't cover the stuff we use.
Christine X.
on 9/1/11 5:56 am - TX
I'm sorry you are having so many issues at once to deal with. I know sometimes you have to borrow energy from Peter to pay Paul.

You can use the script to get the cost of the vitamin back from any Flexible Spending Account you might have set up. If you can get a script for proteins and other specific vitamins, you can have a Flexible Spending Account set up for the money and take it from you pretax salary and reclaim it with receipts from the purchases.

The only money you are saving is that you don't pay income tax on that portion of your salary. And somtimes it does make it easier to pay for these things.
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

beemerbeeper
on 9/1/11 7:17 am - AL
It is oil based and you won't absorb any of it.  You need DRY D...probably 100THOUSAND units a day.

These are the vitamins you need to be taking and adjusting based on your labs:

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf

What is your current vitamin regimine?

These are the labs you need (all of them):

docs.google.com/Doc

If your pcp won't order your labs then you have to find another pcp who will.  It is really non-negotiable.

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 9/1/11 11:38 pm - Burlington County, NJ
You don't need an rx for the stuff. Just order it from Vitalady. If she's otherwise a decent doc don't worry about it. Just take the 50K IU dry D3 cholecalciferol daily (or more if you need it) and be done with it.

stillhopefull
on 9/5/11 10:01 pm
Thank you all for the information.  I placed a big order with Vitalady for all sorts of stuff.  I truly value everyone's help.
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry