So tired of no movement from the scale!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 11:33 am - Bayonne, NJ
I'm an RNY to DSer, too, and it slowed down and came to a stop. I never did reach goal, although I'm slightly under my original RNY goal.

I think it's definitely slower for the revision folk, and I think in my case things were stalled by the multiple bouts of c. diff. The flagyl would nauseate me so bad I'd eat carbs.

Ah well, I'm healthy. I keep telling myself that's enough. :)
sosoclark
on 8/31/11 1:24 pm - Sacramento, CA
Well if I was in the 100s I would be cool with that but seems like
I should be able to release more of this weight. I may have to go down to 30 grams of carbs per day. I'm going to try just shakes a two meals per day. Praying that works.

I'm sure I can lose more just not sure how much more. 66 pounds is a lot and I will still be in the 200s. But I guess its better than the 300s.

jenflock
on 9/1/11 4:09 am - TN
I've lost a huge amount of weight and this still ****** me off!  I too have stalled *SIGH* and it really sucks!  I have put up the scale and reweighed a couple weeks later and yet am still at a stop.  I'm ready to throw a screaming hissy fit.  So just know it happens at all stages and is normal...and so is wanting to chuck the darn scale out the window.  I've gone back to hard core basics and am hoping that helps.  Also I am trying to up my protein shakes etc.  and h2o intake is huge!! I wish us all the best!!!!

dgb123
on 9/1/11 5:26 am - Fairfax, VA

How many carbs a day are you eating?  My dietician insists on less than 40, but most of the time I get about 20.  I've known of some post-ops who speak of trying to get fewer then 150 grams per day!!!  No wonder they aren't losing! 

I agree it is so hard watching that scale.  My routine is to drop down, then go up 4 or 5 pounds and go back and forth for a couple of weeks, then drop again.  Very frustrating!!!  At least I'm not gaining!!

I DID find out yesterday I have hypothyroidism which could also explain the slow loss.  It will be interesting to see if the medication makes any difference.

Best of luck to you!!

Donna

sosoclark
on 9/2/11 10:12 am - Sacramento, CA
Maybe your right about the carbs, but I was under 30 for a week and still nothing. I have increased my protien shakes to 160 tm per day and what ever food I can get in still not much.

We will sew what happens.

BobbiesGirl Ree
on 9/2/11 7:43 am
As of Sept 3- it will officially be a 2 month stall- I have tried EVERYTHING to get it to break- and on top of it all i"m not hungry- I have to watch food network all day just to get motivated to eat, lol (true story). anyhoooo, just wanted to drop a line and let you know you are not alone in your stall. I have lost inches from last month (not many-I still can wear all my same clothes and not look like a clown) so I'm hoping its a stall and not a "I'm finished losing" thing.

I'm not even a revision and I'm sucking at this, but i knew i would- i know my body :(
    Some girls are bigger than others.       ~The Smiths
   You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race.
                                                          ~Psychedelic Furs

:obscene-smokingweed: 
sosoclark
on 9/2/11 10:14 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm going to hide my scale for a month and see what happens.

ednalewis
on 9/2/11 9:56 am - stockton, CA