erythema nodosum?

no_more_rolls
on 8/31/11 1:59 am - Jackson, MI
The other day I developed multiple painful discolored lumps on my lower legs.  I went to the doctor (PCP) yesterday and was diagnosed with erythema nodosum.  My doctor ran a series of tests in hopes to find a cause, but there can be multiple reasons.  I am still waiting for test results.  Upon research of my own when I got home, I found various information about it.  I do have an auto-immune disease (SLE lupus) which can be related to it, but I also read on a few various sites that it can be related to WLS.  Treatment consists of steriods which I refuse to take (which is nothing new long story in itself).  However, I have read that I could take NSAIDS or specific anti-biotics to relieve symptoms.  Does anyone have any experience with erythema nodosum post-op?  If so, did they find a cause and how was yours treated?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

sarah141
on 8/31/11 9:06 am - Fort Bragg, CA
Hi Roxy! I've had Erythema Nodosum several times - reactions to several medications.  First it was Minocyclin, then it was Ortho-Tri Cyclin, then it was Septra, then Cymbalta. I carry a list of drugs with me that I try to avoid.  I just never know if I'm going to have a reaction or not.  I've had them on both legs & both arms.  I have had it both pre & post op, so I don't think (for me) it has anything to do with my DS.  Time is all that helped them heal.

Did they do a Biopsy to make sure it's EN?  I'd want to be sure especially since you have autlo-immune issues already.....

Good Luck!
 - Sarah    (Don't tell anyone I'm a secret ninja warrior!)
Visit: ThugRadio.Net, twitter.com/ThugRadio, sarah-anderson.artistwebsites.com/