In a hurry? Need some protein? Want something "cooked?" As lazy as I am?

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/30/11 4:07 am - Sedona, AZ
it's so easy to put a beef roast in the crock pot too and just open a package of onion soup mix on it and some water in the bottom and walk away anf let it do it's thing for 5 hours until it is fall part tender. Then I only need to nuke a little of it at each protein meal and sometimes put a litte barbecue sauce on top. You really can't call this cooking and you've got meals for a week.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/30/11 9:03 am - Tuvalu
On August 30, 2011 at 11:07 AM Pacific Time, zuzupetals2u2 wrote:
it's so easy to put a beef roast in the crock pot too and just open a package of onion soup mix on it and some water in the bottom and walk away anf let it do it's thing for 5 hours until it is fall part tender. Then I only need to nuke a little of it at each protein meal and sometimes put a litte barbecue sauce on top. You really can't call this cooking and you've got meals for a week.

There are 5000 mg of sodium in a package of Lipton soup mix.  So, no thanks.
Jolly Rancher
on 9/2/11 9:27 am
There's no "in a hurry" solution for that crock pot recipe either, huh?

Great idea. I will try it. My stomach is weird, weird about egg casserole type things, so I'll be a bit nervous. It sounds good, though.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Mdae
on 8/30/11 4:57 am
costco bacon crumbles would work too!  good idea!

cajungirl
on 8/30/11 5:12 am
Ohh I like this idea.  I like to cook but not for ONLY me.  My boys and I eat totally different types of foods, they are so damn picky (thanks to their Dad). 

I'm going to try this, wonder if the microwave bacon would work also?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

CharleeG
on 8/30/11 5:39 am - Jonesboro, AR
Oooooh you clever thing! We've been doing the locavore thing as much as possible - getting fresh eggs & local no-hormones-added pork & beef for me (hub's a veg). I got some of the most DEEvine pork sausage from the egg people - guess they're egg & pig people now. Anyway, I have the sausage cooked but haven't had time in the mornings to fix breakfast. I can put it together at home and nuke it here at the office. I have those handy Pyrex bowls - straight-sided rounds with plastic lids - and can just drop in sausage, cheese, crack in a couple of eggs, lid it & run. Or if I'm on crack, I could do it the night before.

You're the ******g BOMB! *mwah*

sonia8338
on 8/30/11 5:49 am
 OMG. must. try...NOW - serve this with a salad and its DH's dinner.....
Peace and Love
Lisey is my Angel

Blank Out
on 8/30/11 6:11 am
 Yummy!  Thanks for the tip!  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Shavonne P.
on 8/30/11 8:35 am
Sounds like an amazing breakfast to me!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 11:26 am - TX

Dumb question here cuz I am no Betty Crocker......are ya'll stiring up the egg and then pouring it in or just cracking the shell and pouring the egg into the cup?