In a hurry? Need some protein? Want something "cooked?" As lazy as I am?

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/30/11 12:08 am - Tuvalu

No...no one is as lazy as I am in the kitchen.  I *LOATHE* cooking.  And I hate doing dishes...even with my "upscale" dishwasher.

So I butter a small pyrex custard cup.  I plop in a bunch---I dunno, maybe 1/4-1/3 c--of those precooked sausage crumbles.  I crack an egg and put it on top of the sausage...stabbing the egg a few times so it won't later explode.  The I top it all off with shredded cheese.  This prep takes less than one minute.

Then I cover the custard cup with a half-paper towel, and nuke it for about 30 seconds.  I take it out...kind of turn it over and try to figure out how much more time I need...usually 20-40 seconds more, depending on how much of everything there was.

Net gain...about 16-20 g of protein.
Net loss...one dirty dish and about two minutes of my life.

The height of laziness.
2bee.or.not2bee
on 8/30/11 12:44 am
*LIKE*
pycca
on 8/30/11 12:46 am - Haslet, TX
Microwaves are so  marvelous !!

So much easier to cook the eggs  in. 

AND...... still faster than putting my eggs on the car hood in  this Texas heat.....

( I made some with cream cheese, chives  and ham the other day,, first time to try that softened cream cheese... worked out rather well..)
Julie R.
on 8/30/11 1:10 am - Ludington, MI
 Does the egg get rubbery being cooked in the microwave?   Would two eggs fit those custard cups?    That's a good idea for me to do at work.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/30/11 9:04 am - Tuvalu

No, not when it's all mixed together.  But maybe it IS rubber and I just don't notice...it is, after all morning.
Julie R.
on 8/30/11 10:26 am - Ludington, MI
So you don't like cooking, you don't like dishes, you don't like morning?   Is there anything you DO like?   

I went to the grocery store after school today, and I looked for those little pre-cooked crumbles.   Maybe they don't sent them out to the boonies.    I did buy some pre-cooked patties on sale, and I figured if I put one of those inside a custard cup, it would be a reasonable alternative.   Hell, I could even crumble it.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/30/11 4:13 pm, edited 8/30/11 4:14 pm - Tuvalu

I don't DISLIKE mornings...I'm just not up to challenges early in the day.  And I like my iron infusions...I got my first one (in about a year and a half) today and decided to watch a couple of episodes of Season One of Boston Legal.

Here's what you want:

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/30/11 9:06 am - Tuvalu

Not two eggs with the other stuff in the small custard cups.  You'd have to go up a size.
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 9:14 am
beemerbeeper
on 8/30/11 2:40 am - AL
Good good good.  Like. Like. Like.

I never heard of pre-cooked sausage crumbles before.  Learned my one thing for the day !!  Woot!!!

~Becky