"Are you TRYING to test the limits of your surgery?" (Grrrrr!)

lisarn
on 8/31/11 5:58 am - Omaha, NE
I'll add Omaha, NE to the mix. Since Nebraska is no longer part of the Big 12, you can cheer for both the Big Red and Texas Tech! I even know of a nurse that would sign on to work with him!
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

Jennifer D.
on 8/31/11 9:48 am, edited 8/30/11 9:48 pm
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just think it sounds like a bad soap opera that no one should be made to be part of. (Just to clarify last point, I feel bad for Steve : / )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
bookfaerie
on 9/1/11 2:10 am
 The Land of Laura is Southern California Ms. Tracy. 'Nuff said. I say we buy new comfy pj's (I dig Tink or Betty Boop), fuzzy bunny slippers, make popcorn, drinks, and have a movie slumber party. (You know my offer is better than all the rest! )
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 1:15 am
LOL!!! Dying for an update!!! Shes just jealous cos your skinny and can eat and she is fat and always trying the latest diet!
no_more_rolls
on 8/31/11 1:49 am, edited 8/31/11 1:50 am - Jackson, MI
OMG LMFAO...literally!!! She deserved all she got...besides she was asking for it.

I can't believe she said, "This is what I use to lose weight and cleanse my colon of impurities. I think you should give it a try."
I would have had to reply, "If you saw the amount I relieve myself from daily, you would know I don't need this!." Awesome that you flung it back to her! LOL

When she said, "You're setting a bad example for others." I would have had to reply, "Since you have no idea what you are talking about, you are setting the bad example. Go learn about what I had done, then come question me again!"

Seriously the NERVE of some people! Hopefully she is the only one to get reprimanded for this.

~Roxy

PS. Looking forward to an update please!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

BBoop
on 8/31/11 1:50 am
Woo hoo...keep us posted...I love it...you are terrific.
tigerjen77
on 8/31/11 2:37 am
I cannot even tell you how glad I am that I opened this thread. Afterall, laughing is good exercise!
You are awesome!

DS done on 7-20-2011
HW: 259.4
  SW: 256:  CWGW: 155lbs

Kathleen F.
on 8/31/11 2:58 am

I am just trying to wrap my mind around the concept that you would be expected to "set an example" to others. Or that she was taking you to task for eating a breakfast burrito. A dozen donuts maybe... but a breakfast burrito? She was seriously out of line and I think you should be taking her to the principal's office!

You could move to the San Francisco Bay Area. Great place to live and close to a great DS surgeon! Just sayin'!

geekgirl127
on 9/1/11 1:42 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thats what I thought..  I shouldn't be an example to others as my anatomy is different.  I process food differently, high fat and high protien isn't best for everyone but it sure as heck is for me.  My job in all this is to do the healthiest thing for myself (and guide my kids in good choices for them ) beyond that everyone should know whats best for them... I don't know a random person's medical history, body chemistry or anything else to set the example.  Heck even pre-surgery my ex husband and I went on a vegetarian diet together we worked at the same place so ate 90% of all meals together.  He lost 30 lbs I gained 50... neither one of us should be setting an example for the other.
HW/SW/CW/GW = 371/352/168/130  - I love my DS!!

Renee2007
on 8/31/11 3:19 am - Central, FL
 Love this post! Gave me quite the laugh! Can't wait for updates.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150