Surgery in 1 Week, and I Need...

Nurse N.
on 8/30/11 12:08 am
An angel!!!

Someone who can keep the board posted on how I'm doing after surgery. Not sure how you go about these things because I went into the lapband telling everybody in my family. This time I haven't told anyone but a very close friend whose also getting the DS (and well besides you lovely people). My close loved ones just think I'm going in to get the lapband removed (which is the truth). Just not up for everyone commenting on any and everything I put in my mouth, and asking inappropriate, uneducated questions. This is a totally different surgery...period! So if anyone would be willing to stay in contact with a loved one and be an ear for me when questions arise postoperatively, please sign up! LOL

Thanks,

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

maryc543
on 8/30/11 12:12 am
Nika,   I'm in NJ....but am also a nurse   ....if you don't have a local angel, I'd be glad to step up!  Give me some contact info for you..  and I'll call and say Hi, and you can tell me who of your loved ones to contact for updates....  Good Luck and looking forward to hearing from you.  Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Nurse N.
on 8/30/11 12:11 pm
Sending you a PM.

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

lwoznick
on 8/30/11 12:39 am - Green Bay, WI
Hi Nika,

I just wanted to wish you luck on your surgery date! I was going to have my revision the same day as you, but it got changed to Sept. 13 instead of the 6th. So I'll be waiting to hear your progress updates and sending well wishes, prayers and swinging critters in your direction! Just think, a week from today you'll be rocking your new DS!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
Heres2anewme
on 8/30/11 11:34 pm - TX
ARE YOU KIDDING???!!! You know I have your back...so excited that the time has come already!! Woooohooooo!!! Let me know if you need or want anything.
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!