Quick update on Martina

MARTINA P.
on 8/29/11 3:05 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Quick update

First off thank you for all the prayers and nice words and I am sorry I have been so distant from OH.  I am home and have not had to stay overnight in hospital since June.  I continue to have EDG dilatations done every two weeks by doctor in Georgia the trip to TN was rough.  I pray I will not need more dilation.  I have lost a total of 84 lbs since surgery and 90 lbs total I am very pleased.  I have had to make several trips to emergency room due to dehydration, magnesium, and potassium.  On a positive note I have not had problems with dehydration since they put me back on TPN I have a nurse that come out and draw my labs weekly.  I am having a lot of problems eating since I do not have a stomach anymore and continue to get sick when I eat.  Some days things appear to be better and on other days it seems worst.  I am a baby having to start over but at least I am alive.  I believe that I am growing stronger as time goes by and is going to just have to be patient.  I hope that I the doctors allow me to return to work soon.  Well I think I said everything.  If anyone has questions to ask or wisdom to share feel free to respond.  Again thank you all.  

MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

DarcyMad
on 8/29/11 3:39 am - Cedar Park, TX
Martina,

My heart goes out to you!  I've read your posts on and off since your surgery and you have really had a rough go of it.  On the other hand, I can tell you are one tough mama!  It sounds like you are doing things right and will be back on track soon.  There's a lot to be said about those of us who choose to fight!  :o)  Hang in there!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

Imissthe80s
on 8/29/11 4:51 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
It's so good to see you here, Martina.  I hope you get the care you need and continue to get your strength back.  It sounds like you have had a rough time, I hope it gets better for you.

CharleeG
on 8/29/11 5:36 am - Jonesboro, AR
Bless your sweet heart! You have had such a wretched experience. I'm so glad you're still with us! *hugs* Keep us posted, and take good care of you.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/29/11 5:38 am - Burlington County, NJ
****HUGE HUGS****

I am SO glad you're back posting. It has been so scary waiting for word on how you were doing. Please don't ever feel like you have to go away.

MARTINA P.
on 8/29/11 6:14 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Thanks guys for the support honestly the reason I stay away at times is because I feel frustrated and also do not want to seem like I am wining.  
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Imissthe80s
on 8/29/11 7:17 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Whining?! After what you've been through, girl, please.  I'm fairly new here, but from what I see folks here are smart, helpful and supportive.  I can imagine that you are frustrated for sure, so come here and take it out on us.

nilesmama08
on 8/29/11 9:05 am - Atlanta , GA
So glad I am lurking on the DS board today. It is good to hear you are still keeping your head up. Please keep praying and let me know if you need anything.  Stay in touch!

Stephanie
blondegal
on 8/29/11 11:53 am - CT
Oh Martina!  So good to hear from you!!  I'm so glad that you're up to posting.  I've missed you! 

As for thinking that you are whining -- if anyone had a right to whine it would be you!  What you've been through is so awful.  I'm just glad you're around and that you're still fighting the good fight. 

Can't wait to more of you on the boards!  I'm PM'ing you too. 

Best,
Dawn
worlfree
on 8/29/11 2:14 pm - DivaTown, NC
 So good to hear from you.  Sorry to hear about your diffculties.  WOW 90lbs lost, that great.  I will continue to keep u in prayer.  God is good. You will get thru this