Has anyone had the DS in two parts? what success?

radish
on 8/29/11 11:37 pm - Canada
Hi Everyone.

I had gastric sleeve last October/2010 and I havent lost all the weight I need to lose and have decided to go have 'part 2'  done and have the DS. Has anyone else had it in two parts almost a year apart? What I am most worried about is, paying for more surgery and not losing any more weight. :(  I eat fairly healthy, I walk, keep active but am unlucky and just have a hell of a time losing weight!. The young woman who had surgery the same day as me, lost all her weight and only eats junk! while i have completely stalled.

I would like to hear from others that have had the surgery, in two parts...what what success have they had, if just the sleeve didnt work on its own. of course its been almost a year now, so my stomach has stretched to eat a small meal with no problems. Will that stop the weight loss?

HELP~!
Thanks
Aimee :)
maryc543
on 8/30/11 12:03 am
Mine was a planned two parter, because of some health issues pre WLS.  My profile  (click on my name on the left) has a list of each month and what I lost that month.  If the woman you know eats only junk, she's in for a rude awakening when her lab values plummet and her re-gain starts....   You don't have to starve with a DS, but you can't eat ice cream for breakfast every morning either!  She'll need to find a balance.....
     Good Luck and PM me any questions you can think of.  I'm not on here everyday, but try to check in often.  Mary  C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 12:09 am
I'm having it in two parts, but as of now I only have a sleeve. Surgeon won't put me on the waiting list for the DS part yet and it is a year long wait...so Im going to be 2+ years when I get mine :(  Good luck to you!!!
Emily F.
on 8/30/11 8:12 am
PLEASE do not go to Almanza for ds. PLEASE.

Maybe someone will come along but I would think Oct 2010 is not enough time to see how much you will lose w the sleeve alone. Good luck but please please please see a vetted ds surgeon. dsfacts.com
radish
on 8/30/11 12:32 pm - Canada
I saw Almanza for my sleeve (and yes I know its a different surgery) but have great things to say about my experience.  I've also emailed and spoken with others that have used Almanza for the DS surgery. I know he's not on the DSfacts list but I like the fact that I have already used him and it was successful. As for not enough time...my weight is in a complete stall since May, it is now August, I have tried different diets, exercise and nothing has changed the stall. I thank you for your concern and advice and have seriously thought about what you have said.