In the 200s! Winning.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 11:13 am, edited 8/29/11 11:34 am
Haven't posted in a while. So to recap...

I'm a psychiatrist in my residency training. Very high BMI at the time of surgical consult.

I'm just over a year out from my initial surgical consult (8/19/10) and since that time have lost 208 lbs.

Had virgin lap DS on 12/8/10 and have lost 171 lbs since then.

The most recent excitement is that I crossed under the 300 lb barrier to 297. As I am 6'5", my goal weight is over 200 lbs so the first digit of my weight is now as low as it will go. Considering I started at 505, I'm very happy to be in my last 100 lb increment of weight. I'd like to get down below 250 for sure, and maybe as low as 230, which would put me still in the "overweight" BMI range, but very healthy.

Anyhow, I see all the people celebrating "onederland," and as it would be not healthy for me to be in the 100s, I thought I'd celebrate twoterville, being in the 200s. If you asked me 18 months ago, I'm not sure I would have believed I'd ever be in the 200s again and eagerly anticipating reaching a goal weight of below 250 lbs. DS has totally changed my life.

Edited to add a pic.

KarenFlorida
on 8/29/11 11:21 am - Orlando, FL
Congratulations! That's just great!

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

blondegal
on 8/29/11 11:42 am - CT
Way to go!  Your success is inspiring!   You look amazing!
Switch_Me
on 8/29/11 12:04 pm - Baltimore, MD
 As a fellow healthcare professional I congratulate you on your loss!  I hope to join your ranks one day!  You're a great inspiration!
lwoznick
on 8/29/11 12:59 pm - Green Bay, WI
Congratulations on your incredible transformation in such a short period of time. I'll be having my DS revision surgery with Dr. I's colleague, Dr. Buchwald on Sept. 13,  so hearing about your success with another DS physician from the same clinic is inspiring to me. I was also excited to hear you're in training to become a psychiatrist. I work as a mental health professional myself and we certainly need more dedicated psychiatrists....seems there are shortages everywhere! Your services will be sorely needed! Your personal journey of recovery from obesity will also help you to inspire and heal others who struggle! Congratulations again on your success!

Lisa
elixir
on 8/29/11 4:44 pm - MI
You've had great results. Congrats on your success! 
 I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 4:51 pm
Well done you!!!!!!

not sure what a virgin DS is, lol....hmmm, I'll have to have a think about that one, lol
hollyweasel
on 8/29/11 11:31 pm - MI
Congratulations!!!

I can't wait until I am a year out.  I also need to get to twoterville!!

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

litebrite
on 8/30/11 12:43 am - Telford, PA
CONGRATS!!!
DS on 8/15/11