250 common channel

michelehei
on 8/29/11 8:30 pm
Thanks Heidi!!
I love and need the support right now!!
You're the best!

Udamnskippy
on 8/29/11 2:55 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hang on there... I have a 200cc and lost over 130lbs. In fact I was worried I was going to lose too much much. But after 13 mos I stabled off  to a decent 169lbs.... As log as you malabsorb you will steadily loose wt. I also had lots of scar tissue from the Mesh which made my made my surgery time longer.   Steve
michelehei
on 8/29/11 8:34 pm
Well....you and I are very similar surgically speaking!!  Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!  Yeah...if I knew that mesh band did so much damage later in life I would have asked for the silasitic band which I hear is suppose to be a better band.  Oh well...much to late to be talking about that!!
Continued success and I will keep you posted as to my progress.  Thanks again!
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 6:12 pm
You'll do FINE!!!! With such a low bmi, you would have gotten to goal with just a sleeve, but the malabsorption you were given will KEEP YOU THERE :) Chin up buckaroo!!! Life is good! You have a new beginning!!!
michelehei
on 8/29/11 8:36 pm
Thanks!  Love that "chin up buckaroo!!!"  Yeah...I hope to do just fine.  I will kepp you posted!  Again thanks for your support buckaroo!!!!!
Kayla B.
on 8/29/11 9:12 pm - Austin, TX
You'll probably be fine.

BMI 32, not as much to lose, plus, I have known people to get goal with a 250 common channel.  And you are more likely to have less vitamin and food intolerance issues.

Methinks you'll be OK.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
michelehei
on 8/29/11 11:26 pm
Thanks Kayla!
I hope you are right!
I will keep you posted on my progress!
Thanks again!
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 12:41 am
michelehei
on 8/30/11 5:25 am
Oh wow!  What a great weight loss!  Congratulations!
You have done very well and I believe I will do well with my new 250 cm cc!
I just got worried for awhile and then realized how foolish.  Dr. Gagner did this for a reason it was done for safety and because of my anatomy being quite different than he has seen in the past.  I am truly happy and looking forward to getting healthy again!  Thanks for your support!
lisarn
on 8/30/11 8:51 am - Omaha, NE
 I have a 200 common channel (the Dr. Anthone special!) as well. In 3 months I've lost 60lbs. He said that he did that long on me because my small bowel was long. He said that he has found that his pt's tend to have less bathroom issues as well.
Of the people that I personally know in real life that are more than 4 years out with Dr. Anthone all but one have maintained a normal bmi and still have no real major bathroom issues. The one person is just in the overweight bmi, and had to stop working out a year ago due to hip and knee issues that are just getting fixed now, so she should be back in the normal bmi range.
I was bummed too, at first with my 200, but I am "ahead" of schedule on my weight loss, can tolerate most everything. (I've never over done it with carbs, so I don't really know on that one yet), so I am fine with it for now.
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)