Lies and damned lies

beemerbeeper
on 8/28/11 12:26 pm - AL
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4443933/A-CrossroadsThe-Slee ve-or-Roux-and-Y/#36743701

Several posts down they start with the damned DS lies.  Man it ****** me off.

Apparently we are "walking compost piles."

Apparently we are unhealthy because we eat so much fat and calories.

And more.

Lies lies lies.

~Becky

sunnymicki
on 8/28/11 1:06 pm
I read on this forum too :)

And I NEVER said you or any other DS person was unhealthy.  I talked about how I would feel in that scenario (eating food knowing lots of it won't be absorbed/used by the body), which is much different from saying that someone is physically unhealthy.   I acknowledged that others feel differently about it.

My feelings might be offensive to you, and its your right to rant, but at least don't make things up.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/28/11 1:56 pm
If you are going to say stupid ignorant **** then own it. And we'll call you on your ignorant **** on whatever board you spew it.

Your comment was " I don't want to be a wlaking compost like with the switch, where food just goes in and right out."

Just like with ANY surgery, you can eat crap, or nutritious food. I **** once a day, usually in the morning. Time for you to go get a life altering surgery since you so well informed.
sunnymicki
on 8/28/11 2:00 pm
If you are going to yell and throw sarcasm at someone online, you at least need to yell at the right person. 

You need to go back and read again.  I didn't say that.  In fact, I have never even heard the phrase before I read it in that thread.  You have me confused with the other poster that the OP is referencing.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/28/11 2:09 pm
Sorry for giving you credit for the other posters ****ty quote. Although I don't think I'd defend her in any way. I'm eating greens out of my garden for dinner, and the quote Becky referenced is one the most offensive things I've read today, so I'm going to stay yelly.
sunnymicki
on 8/28/11 2:30 pm
Thats ok.  I thought it was a pretty terrible thing to say too and would not blame anyone for being offended by it.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 8:35 am - NY
Do Bearmoms **** in the woods? 

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/29/11 9:05 am
 Not even when camping.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 9:29 am - NY

Sher Bear Mama
on 8/28/11 2:35 pm

With all due respect, you shouldn't talk about how YOU would feel in that scenario since you don't have any idea what that scenario is like.  You've never been there.  I agree with you that this is a personal choice and that no surgery is right for every one.  But I think that before you go on anymore about how you'd feel, you might go to DSfacts.com and get more info about the surgery.  I'm not saying it's going to happen, but you just might revise one day to the DS if you regain your weight (as so many others do).  I don't know anyone who's had the DS and who is out at least a year or two who has any real dietary or bathroom issues.  Once they figure out what foods to avoid, they avoid them.

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with your decision.  I'm also glad you weren't the one who was really spreading falsehoods about the surgery. 

Best wishes,

Sheri

Sher--the bear mama