Nasty burps

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/11 3:52 am
Nasty burps. Sounds like a new music group.

What is with the nasty-tasting burps that come from nowhere? Not reminiscent of anything I ate. If anything reminiscent of some long ago meal of rodent and crocodile eaten during the time of King Tut. Old, nasty, and pungent. Uck.

Anyone else? Any clues?
Renee2007
on 8/27/11 3:55 am - Central, FL
 B vitamins really stink and iron is known to cause some pretty nasty burps. I would say they are definitely vitamin related.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

elixir
on 8/27/11 3:56 am - MI
The only time that I have foul burps is after taking my iron. And it sort of tastes the way gasoline smells, if that makes any sense. It's rather unpleasant. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/27/11 4:54 am
The only gross burps I get are after taking iron.

I've heard them described like "auto exhaust", but mine are reminiscent of burnt bacon. 
Elizabeth N.
on 8/27/11 5:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
That's a good thing to mention to the gastroenterologist or hematologist or endocrinologist you need very badly to see day before yesterday hon. Gotten blood work yet? Results?

I love the description. Could be stomach acid taste, could be bile taste. They are all absolutely EVIL tasting.

Hey, my phone is almost always on, except during class of course. Call any time. I turn it off or put it elsewhere when I don't want to be disturbed, so you need have no concerns about bugging me, k?

Shavonne P.
on 8/27/11 9:19 pm
I get the really nasty burps when my reflux is acting up. 
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Debbie P.
on 8/28/11 12:23 am - Kettering, OH
I got nasty burps (I called them "egg burps") before my DS surgery.  They would happen once or twice a month and were followed (within 24 hours) of vomiting.  It was AWFUL!!!!

I had scans done of my gallbladder back then which showed fine, I had endoscopies -- also fine.  The docs couldn't figure it out, I guess.

Then I had my DS.  It included gall bladder removal.  While I had no stones, my surgeon said my gall bladder was "diseased".  To this day (5+ years), I have not had the egg burps again -- so I believe mine was related to my gall bladder.

Debbie ~

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 5:00 am
Hmmm. I'm suspecting that, for me, it's the iron. About an hour after taking the iron this morning, I had the nasty dead crocodile and rat burp from hell. Will keep tracking this. I don't have reflux or gallbadder issues (heck, don't even own a gallbladder anymore!)
Elizabeth N.
on 8/28/11 5:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
That sure does sound like a common theme. I don't get that issue thank heavens.

BTW: Hey everybody, Eloisie and I spoke on the phone last night and she sounded a thousand times better than she did even after she got out of the ER! HURRAY!!!!! Here's hoping it's all uphill from here hon!