what am I doing wrong?

ambermay
on 8/26/11 11:13 am
with the shake cake.  It comes out kinda like a mousse and tastes like chalk...idk.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 11:46 am
 Could be several things. I noticed certain protein powders get really strange tasting and feeling (in the mouth). You could also be nuking it to long, if it is kind of like a sponge, with my protein powder it means I nuked it to long. 
beemerbeeper
on 8/26/11 12:07 pm - AL
Exactly what are you doing and what are you cooking it in?

I've got a TON of experience because I eat these things about 4 times a day.

~Becky

ambermay
on 8/26/11 12:15 pm
Can I get the recipe again?  Is it teaspoons or tablespoons?  I nuked it 35 seconds and it was still runny soo uped it 45 seconds let it sit and cool.. Kinda became sponge like with runny around the outside but it still tasted like chalk.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

Kayla B.
on 8/26/11 12:20 pm - Austin, TX
How did the batter taste?  If the batter isn't good, the cake won't be.

I've read a few comments that people can taste the baking powder and they decreased the amount a lot.  It might also add too much air and that could be contributing to the mousse-texture.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
norahs_here
on 8/26/11 1:02 pm
Amber I made it tonight and OMGo**** was so gross!  The only thing I did different from the recipe was I used truvia instead of splenda.  Could that be it?  I used 3 packets of it.  I never tasted the batter before I nuked it.  It had a horrible after taste.  I could not even gag down a full teaspoon of it.  All I could think of was this is really what everyone is raving about?! 
~~Never regret something that once made you smile~~

Sharon  (norah's spelled backwards!)
elixir
on 8/26/11 2:28 pm - MI
If the protein powder you're using is gross the shake will be gross too. I've tried several different protein powders and have found that my favorite is BSN Lean Dessert Protein in Chocolate Fudge flavor. Also, I've tried it with both Splenda and Truvia and I like the Truvia better. And I prefer to use coconut oil instead of canola or vegetable oil. The texture is odd, it's definitely not like traditional cake that we're use to, but I like it. Even my 17 y/o daughter requests that I make it for her. 

Oh! And don't forget to load on the Land o' Lakes sugar-free whipped topping afterward. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor