Questions about DS

Twyla S.
on 8/27/11 12:39 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 Welcome from another preop newbie.  Keep reading anything and everything you see on here.  I'm scared as hell too hon, so you're not alone.  
gak
on 8/27/11 2:09 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Well to the list, read up an on all that has been recommended and then come back and ask questions. We are happy to help ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 12:05 am
Welcome!  I too am pre-op so have little to offer other than this - look for any posts by "Vets" - those who have had their DS for some time.  Also, search for specific topics up in the search box such as information on your surgeon (just a recommendation, if people on here tell you not to use your surgeon - under no cir****tances should you use him/her.  ONLY use a vetted surgeon.)

Best of luck with your journey!
callmeEJ
on 8/28/11 7:45 am - Minneapolis, MN
If you can get an appt with Dr. I or Dr. B, you'll be in very good hands.

Also, there is a MN DSer Facebook page if you are on Facebook and have any questions about either doc. AND if you are in the Twin Cities area or can travel to it fairly easily, we DSers have monthly meetings. PM me if you have any questions or want to get on the Facebook group.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 7:35 am - MN
DS on 03/13/12
Well I have been reading like a book worm and I really like what the DS has to offer me, and after seeing my friends who have rny deal with puking and what not from eating something wrong, I really dont want to deal with that. So I called the u today and set up an appointment with Dr.Leslie for mid september. I think I might still go check out the one with the other surgeon to see what they have to say but like everyone has said a ford dealer wont try to sell me a Lexus :D