Lab guru's help!...google doc link w/labs included

lisarn
on 8/26/11 2:21 pm - Omaha, NE
Ok..first time doing this....here is the google docs link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArYN8otKJ3WsdFNKQzhVaWpfTF9Vd05fanNlQmFicEE&hl=en_US

Info you will ask:
I currently take Vitaladies plan for DS patients, the doses and times. Compliant approx 98% of the time.  
My hgb has ALWAYS been low my entire adult life. Saw a hematologist 4 years ago or so, nothing out of ordinary, except low iron! I have heavy periods, and the 10's are pretty much my normal. I am going in next week to have ferritin, etc. drawn. I am probably switching to proferrin, unless anyone has a better idea. PCP also said that if ferritin etc, looks like crap he might send me to hematologist again.
My PCP wants me to stop my Vit. A because it is high (well for a normie it is).
The microalbumin in my urine is up because I went off all meds for surgery, and my kidneys still need me on blood pressure meds until my glucose/Hgb A1c comes down.

HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

Kathleen F.
on 8/26/11 4:06 pm, edited 8/26/11 4:07 pm
Are you diabetic? Did you get your PTH done? Your D3 looks good, but the Alkaline Phosphate (Phosphatase?) is high which may indicate calcium is being leached from your bones. Can tell better if we have your PTH. I wouldn't stop A altogether. Maybe decrease your dose some until the next draw. It can drop pretty quickly if you stop altogether. Your high liver numbers would concern me. Could just be from the rapid weight loss. Maybe take milk thistle to help support your liver? Might want to increase your magnesium. Low magnesium will adversely affect your calcium and D absorption... and could contribute to muscle cramps.
lisarn
on 8/27/11 6:52 am - Omaha, NE
Yes, I am diabetic. Pre-op I was on 4 orals plus long acting insulin, and now am on nothing. 
PTH was not drawn, I'll add that to iron/ferritin labs I am doing this week.
My PCP was concerned about my liver numbers, had me go get an ultrasound and talked to my GI Dr. last week before my knee arthroscopy. It was decided since I've never had elevated liver enzymes, and I've lost about 60 lbs in 3 mos, and I was on some big doses of ibuprofin before my knee surgery that the liver numbers were due to rapid weight loss, and ibuprofin doses, but we will keep an eye on the numbers to make sure.
I will bump up the magnesim as well...was low pre-op and hoped that getting on vitalady's plan would be enough, but since it's not, I will add more!
Thanks so much for your input!
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)