Couple of questions. Please.

steved61
on 8/26/11 6:58 am - Homosassa, FL
I'm about 7 weeks out with no real problems. I have a little gas and the occational pain here and there. The main thing is I have a real bowel movement about every 2 days, sometimes jus****er.  
My normal diet is:
Breakfast some bacon or sausage.
About 10am some cheese
Lunch Chicken breat.
About 3pm soup or alittle fruit
Dinner Beef Pork or Chicken.
After eating my Protein I eat some Vegies if I have room.
I don't eat after 7pm because it gives me gas.
Sound OK, Thanks for any help.

no_more_rolls
on 8/26/11 7:11 am - Jackson, MI
I'm about as far out post-op as you.  I think I may actually eat more than you and more often, but I still do not eat anything other than protein...even though I have been given the okay to eat other things.  Perhaps it is just my portion size is very small, so I eat frequently.  I actually have bowel movements several times a day.  Just remember everyone is different.  If you have pain associated with bowel movements or lack thereof, or if you have any fever or blood or pus in your stool contact your surgeon immediately.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

steved61
on 8/26/11 8:09 am - Homosassa, FL
Thanks for you reply, it just seemed like everyone was pooping 20 times a day. Food wise I'm not having to many problems. I tried a spoon of rice, pasta and potatos all gave me a gas. The things I can't seem to eat are eggs, butter, mayo, peanut butter and coffee these foods make me sick. I can drink any kind of Tea and the suger free iced coffee at Mcdoanalds is no problem? I don't have any pain or blood with my BM's, just not as frequent as many others.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/26/11 8:33 am - Burlington County, NJ
You don't have to poop every day and certainly not multiple times per day. Perhaps you are just not eating enough to build up enough poop volume to go more often than that.

Even now, almost five years out, I don't always poop every day.

Hey Jules
on 8/26/11 9:10 am
 I don't poop every day either and I eat way more carbs than you do! I wouldn't worry about it if you aren't constipated or in any pain.

Have you started on a probiotic yet? I would recommend Primal Defense Ultra from Amazon.com.

Hope this helps! This will start getting better the further out you are. Your system is still trying to figure this all out.

Good luck,

Jules

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

steved61
on 8/26/11 9:10 am - Homosassa, FL
Thanks to you both everything has been going so well, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

elixir
on 8/26/11 10:36 am - MI
I pooped a lot early out, but since I started Vitalady's vitamin regimen two or three weeks ago I've gotten to where I'm only going every other day also, unless I try to eat something that my gut doesn't care much for. Then I have poop-fest.

(Haha! I love this board. Talking about poop amuses me. I'm a third grader at heart.)

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 12:30 pm
I also don't have a bm every day.  I did earlier post-op, but it has settled down to maybe every other day at the most.  They do tend to be liquid though.  I'm only 3 weeks out though, and eat very little still.  I have not tried fruit or veggies yet.  I don't think I'm eating enough for a daily bm yet.  I also have very little gas, maybe 3 times a day.
Renee2007
on 8/27/11 12:13 am - Central, FL
 I just wanted to add that those foods you mentioned that aren't working for you right now might change over time and you'll be able to eat them later on. Just try them over time and see how you do. Also, the rice, pasta and potatoes are well known for being gas producers. 

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Elizabeth N.
on 8/27/11 1:24 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yeah, rice was the only one of those I could eat at all (and super limited amounts) for a very long time.