God hates America!

kirmy
on 8/26/11 5:57 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Because he's shoved a big swirling anus of weather above you right now.  As I'm busy hiding Gaddafi in my socks draw (he's paying me £4.99 a day) thus I have missed three days of news.  Today I saw a pressure system that looks like the sky prolapsed.  So my question is:  What have you insane *******s been up to?

Please be ok cause I mostly like you guys and don't want and wizard of Oz moments to occur for any of you. 

Here is some sensible Australian advice:

1. fill your bath tub with water...you can drink it or go bobbing for apples to pass the time
2. board up your windows so that you look like you live in a zombie land set...cool!!!
3. have torches with plenty of battery power cause as soon as the electricity goes off the undead will start picking you off (I've seen the movie and I know)
4. Have good books on hand
5. Plenty of food available that is non-perishable like spam spam spam
6. Have a clear evacuation plan and ******g stick to it ok!

I blame Harold Camping for the whole thing.......

Be safe

Love to you all as the swirling anus makes land fall.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 6:23 am
I swear you can make me laugh at anything.   I think I have a girl-crush

So the swirling anus is literally scheduled to make landfall on my front door - I live in Coastal NC.  

We're hunkered down and riding it out.  We'll see how it goes. 

Worst case scenario, I went out laughing! 
Imissthe80s
on 8/26/11 6:59 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Oh, goodness, Lynmarie, be super careful.  Do you have a decent refuge to retreat to, or is that possible in a hurricane?

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 7:13 am
No, that ship has sailed unfortunately.  We chose not to evacuate because it was voluntary and we have 2 dogs.  It's so funny to watch the mandatory evacuations up in Jersey and MD.  We are getting it WAY worse, but we are built for this and prepared.  Concerned about NY, NJ and New England.  Coud be dicey. 

We are right on the coast so our house is built to withstand it and they don't build houses on the ground here (we are up on piers or raised foundations) so flooding shouldn't be a problem.  Scary as hell though.  We are boarded up, tied down and just sort of waiting.  Wind and rain are picking up and curfew is on so we are in it for the haul.  Literally, the news keeps showing landfall at my house.  If they put it on Google Maps, you could see me waving underneath the little "dot" that indicates landfall.  Next 12 hours should be interesting.....
Imissthe80s
on 8/26/11 7:30 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Well, keep us updated.  That's nuts that it is literally coming your way.  Please be okay because we gotta keep you alive long enough for your band to DS revision!

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 8:57 am
Oh my gosh, no joke how awful would that be!  Well I damn well won't let that happen!  No effing way I'm dying fat!!!!!
orangecrushed
on 8/26/11 8:35 am - Triad, NC
 Ah, hope nothing major happens there, Lynn!  Looks like it's calmed down a tad bit.  So, hopefully it'll weaken some more.  I have a few friends who are riding it out, too... mainly because of pets.

Take care, and let us know that you're ok when you get the chance!
kirmy
on 8/26/11 7:55 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Right I'll go onto Google maps and you poke your head out the lounge-room window and give me a wave!

Thinking of you blossom.  How exciting....think I'd be secretly loving the drama and equally ****ting my pants. Keep away from the windows..the Zombies always come in from the windows......

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 9:02 am
OOH, is it horrible that I DO secretly dig that drama???  I love hearing the wind whip outside and the rain hitting the house.  BUT I'm pretty sure around 2am when things start heating up I will very quickly move into ****ting-pants mode. 

My son said that this would be a great time for the Zombie apocalypse because, you know, no one's expecting it.

So away from the windows I go.......
lookthrshegos
on 8/26/11 9:26 am - Huntland, TN
If I had the means and the time I would soooo come to NC to see it!  LOL   and yes, I know that there is a good chance that I would get my ears blown off! LOL
Love a good storm even tho they do skeer me!!!!
kathy