I'm home with half of a switch!

gak
on 8/27/11 2:03 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Welcome home, sounds like you doing well. Don't worry the half will be come along at the right time ! Welcome to the losers bench ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J G.
on 8/27/11 3:31 pm
Hi Sherry!  Glad you are home and comfy.

organize my protein and crystal light on a little table next to me.   

Wow!  There's a girl that's got it all together!  You're going to do great with your sleeve.  Hugs, Jenny
freebirdmich
on 8/27/11 4:22 pm - MI
 Hi, I have Dr. K also and My surgery is scheduled for Sept 20th ... I am just curious as to why it will be in two parts for you. If you don't want to say that is fine I am just so nervous and he did say that could happen but I guess I just want to know what I could do to avoid what happened?
Hugs. Kerri~
ShersJourney
on 8/28/11 3:12 am
No, as I said - it's nothing he or I did... he just made the safest decision for me and I'm grateful.  It's not his usual decision to split the surgery into 2 parts so if that's the course he takes, you know it's for good reason.  Of course it can happen - but either way, you're in good hands!

Best,
Sherry

MajorMom
on 8/27/11 8:43 pm - VA
Sending gentle hugs your way, Sherry. Take one step at time.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Heather E.
on 8/28/11 2:45 am
Sherry, you have such a positive attitude - it is an inspiration!  I'm glad to hear that you're home now and doing well.  (((hugs!)))

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

larra
on 8/29/11 1:32 am - bay area, CA
Sherry, glad you're home and back with us!
     I'm sorry you didn't get the full DS, but like you, I'm sure Dr. K had a good reason for his decision. The sleeve should help you lose weight and improve your health, and I'm confident that you'll get the switch part when it's safe for you.

Larra
Amanda-DS
on 8/29/11 5:07 am
welcome back to us, keep up your great attitude, we have your back and our support will be 100% for you!!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

ShersJourney
on 8/29/11 5:52 am
Thank you everyone for all of the wishes... I wish I was sitting here with a full DS but I'm grateful that the time that I'm "waiting" won't continue to be time with no results as the past 4 years have been.  I've been perusing some VSG boards some (yes, I'm cheating on you all) trying to suss out what the nutritional requirements / allowances are going to be as time progresses... and I'm curious as to how much weight I can lose in how much time.  I really, really don't want to wait a year for part II of this surgery, and I don't want to lose so much that I'm no longer insurance eligible... but I'm happy to report my blood sugars have been btwn 103 and 130 ever since I got home which are numbers I haven't seen since pre-diabetes.

For now I have the liquid diet but I can tell I'm healing quite well... I'm able to swallow more at a time and the acid and gas seems to be all but gone.  The Lortab has been a huge relief although the dreams I've had are ridiculously strange!

I really thought giving up the Diet Coke would just about kill me but to be honest, the day after we got home from the hospital - we stirred a CF Diet Coke up really well and let it sit and I never touched it... it didn't seem enough of the bubbles would be gone, and I smelled it and it really didn't smell worth the risk to me.  Of course I say that, but a friend of mine told me that she knows someone who had a TACO as soon as she got home from RNY surgery (24 hour release)... she told herself if she smashed it up real small it would be fine :-O  what a foolish risk!  I guess it's just the mentality though, did you do this thinking it was a magic bullet or did you do this to help you to make positive changes.  We'll see where she's at in a couple years.

Court (sentencing) is in a month, and I'm hoping that I can walk in instead of using a wheelchair, and I have Spanx that I bought last year that I've never used yet... I'm thinking some weight loss might make it okay but we'll see.

Thanks again ♥  I'm grateful for what I've got, it's a lot better than where I was last week!

Best,
Sherry