I'm home with half of a switch!

ShersJourney
on 8/27/11 6:07 am
I've been home for just a bit, long enough to put my comfy new nightgown on from my Mom and organize my protein and crystal light on a little table next to me.  My daughter just went to the pharmacy to get my meds, thankfully, because I was supposed to have more pain meds and anti-spasm and anti-nausea an hour ago but that was in transit so that wasn't going to happen.

All in all I've realized that my previous surgeries (hernia etc.) have been really brutal because I don't feel sick like I did with those at all.  Sure I'm sore, and of course the dog (6#) jumped up on me and put one of her paws directly on top of one of my incision ports (talk about perfect aim) but it's NOTHING like I expected.

The doctor I saw this morning, an associate of Dr. K, confirmed for me, these problems swallowing etc. won't be there when I get part 2 done... it will be a different set of pains but I won't have to do this part over again so it's not truly like having to go through this twice.

I'm grateful to be closer to the surgery I want even though it's taken this slight temporary detour... I know that I'm heading in the right direction.

Best,
Sherry

pktwatch
on 8/27/11 6:49 am
On August 27, 2011 at 1:07 PM Pacific Time, ShersJourney wrote:
I've been home for just a bit, long enough to put my comfy new nightgown on from my Mom and organize my protein and crystal light on a little table next to me.  My daughter just went to the pharmacy to get my meds, thankfully, because I was supposed to have more pain meds and anti-spasm and anti-nausea an hour ago but that was in transit so that wasn't going to happen.

All in all I've realized that my previous surgeries (hernia etc.) have been really brutal because I don't feel sick like I did with those at all.  Sure I'm sore, and of course the dog (6#) jumped up on me and put one of her paws directly on top of one of my incision ports (talk about perfect aim) but it's NOTHING like I expected.

The doctor I saw this morning, an associate of Dr. K, confirmed for me, these problems swallowing etc. won't be there when I get part 2 done... it will be a different set of pains but I won't have to do this part over again so it's not truly like having to go through this twice.

I'm grateful to be closer to the surgery I want even though it's taken this slight temporary detour... I know that I'm heading in the right direction.

Best,
Sherry

Congratulations! I am sure that you will feel great in a few days adn be feeling great in just a while longer. I know sometimes they need to stop after the sleeve, was that planned for you?

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

ShersJourney
on 8/27/11 7:00 am
It was defnitely not planned but necessary - we will pick up part 2 as soon as I've lost some weight and he feels ready - I can't wait!
lk1970
on 8/27/11 7:07 am
thinking of you...
Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/27/11 7:24 am - Burlington County, NJ
Bummer that you're looking at another trip under the knife, but I'm delighted that you're home and safe and okay.

teachmid
on 8/27/11 7:53 am - OKC, OK
Best wishes for a smooth recovery and the 2nd part soon as it is feasible.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 8/27/11 10:25 am - Ludington, MI
 Glad you're home, Sherry.  Had a feeling you would be.   Wanted to call today, but was moving Julianna in and heading ng back to Ludington.    I am sick, sick, sick.     Longest drive of my life.
I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

ShersJourney
on 8/27/11 12:18 pm
Tomorrow sounds perfect! 
Diane Davis
on 8/27/11 1:29 pm
Sherry, I love your positive attitude.  I knew you were going to be disappointed, but when it's for the safety of your life, it make all the difference.  Thank the good Lord you had a surgeon who cared enough about your life to do the right thing.

Wishing you a safe recovery!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
maryc543
on 8/27/11 1:31 pm
Sherry,  Congrats...you're halfway there!!!  If you have any questions about being a 2 parter, or just need a friendly  (You go, girl)  , PM me.  The sleeve is OK, but you still need to be careful with what you eat, low fat, low calorie, etc  because you absorb whatever you take in  (although you WILL be taking in very small portions!!).    The sleeve board will be helpful, and the second part will be an amazing  (and easy) surgery!   Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com