So, I guess I'm a big fat snob

NoMore B.
on 8/27/11 4:02 am
*Like*  It's this type of antecdotal stuff that drives me crazy.  SOMEONE wins the lottery, too....but odds are it ain't gonna be you.

AllieInOntario
on 8/27/11 5:33 am
*Like too*  It seems to me, that when I venture over to a few of the other chapters in this place,... I see more topics about freaking out because they cheated by eating 3 bites of cake, or have eaten more than 1/4 cup of food in one sitting and are fretting about having to get on a scale.

I dunno, the whole concept seems nuts to me.  I eat what I can given the size of my innards, I have indulged already in a double down.  (Even two weeks ago, I would have never thought I could manage that at 10 weeks.)  And while I ate the thing in 3 different meals,... I still had NO guilt about enjoying such a tasty meal.

I get on the scale to update my groovy little weight ticker, (and ok... report the numbers to **** off my DH) hehe. :)  I eat a few crackers to settle my stomach, I drink diet gingerale for the same purpose.     The shear notion of having someone jab me in the stomach to up/down my band for the duration of it's existence, or have to eat my food with a spoon the size of a dime... just doesn't do it for me.   WLSnob, that's me :)

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Laz22girl
on 8/27/11 7:44 am
On August 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:
And just how far out are these two friends?  And what percent of what they had to lose did they manage to lose?  And what side effects and complications and eating difficulties are they dealing with?

People with stomach cancer lose weight - that doesn't make it an effective bariatric tool.
"And just how far out are these two friends?  And what percent of what they had to lose did they manage to lose?  And what side effects and complications and eating difficulties are they dealing with?"

One is 2 yrs out and lost nearly 100 pds and is maintaining.

One is 18 months out and has lost 190 pds so far.

I think we all need to realize people are more informed on THEIR bodies than anyone else.

I think it's a bit crazy to be snobby about someone's choice...especially regarding a life altering surgery. I think the DS sounds good...but the more I read, the more I know I could never ever commit the time to labs, vitamins, protein, etc for the rest of my life.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/27/11 9:18 am - Burlington County, NJ
The bands need to be off the market YESTERDAY.

But since you know you can't be bothered to take care of yourself, don't get ANY WLS. They ALL require attention and supplementation. If you don't have time to think about what you put in your mouth and how to take care of your health, you will not succeed at this and you risk terrible health problems.

Laz22girl
on 8/27/11 2:55 pm
On August 27, 2011 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
The bands need to be off the market YESTERDAY.

But since you know you can't be bothered to take care of yourself, don't get ANY WLS. They ALL require attention and supplementation. If you don't have time to think about what you put in your mouth and how to take care of your health, you will not succeed at this and you risk terrible health problems.
Don't worry! I lost my 100 pds by diet n exercise and I've maintained for 5+ yrs.
newyorkbitch
on 8/27/11 10:27 pm
How about you mosey on outta here?  And while you're at it, how about you go **** yourself?
Laz22girl
on 8/28/11 12:28 am
Elizabeth N.
on 8/28/11 4:38 am - Burlington County, NJ
And you are here because?

You think you have ANYTHING to say about WLS and its effectiveness because?

We don't give a **** what you THINK you might "know." Go hang with your own kind, if you can find any.

butercup
on 8/28/11 5:11 am - Kennewick, WA
She's the biggest snob of them ALL!  The "I lost all of my weight through hard work and discipline so my weight loss means more than yours" snob.  Ooooo the very worst.  Her kind are VERY few and far between.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/28/11 5:18 am - Burlington County, NJ
Oh, but she KNOWS about WLS so she can comment here, on the board for the most complicated surgery of them all. And she KNOWS that they ALL work for different people so we shouldn't say anything different.

Fuck that **** Yes, I am hostile toward this person who did it the "natural way," but only because she has the gall to try to say a single ******g word about WLS.