Lab Rat Data Update

southernlady5464
on 8/25/11 11:49 pm
Okay, the coder has been hard at work and did much of this even before the first half of the payment went to him.

He just wrote an update on the status:
Right now I have:new database schema, whi*****ludes user profiles, ability for users to keep a weight log, ability for users to keep a surgery log, a surgeon list, which will allow for users to add a surgeon if not found, a *rough* idea about users creating a blog about their surgeries/what's good to do for recovery time, and other related stuff.

For the code behind, I'm working on user profiles, so that you can view an individual user as a "profile" and "what I've done" in relation to the above things mentioned. I also have been trying to get a cool way to add i18n (language support) and settings to convert from metric to imperial, for our non-American friends.

And the week after that I'm thinking I should be able to glue everything together. This part will probably be the longest, because it's also where I find where I need to rewrite code, what works, what doesn't, etc.

So, the general goal for me is 3 weeks, but don't hold me to that as concrete! It's very rough right now, and I'm not quite a fortune teller, I have a job interview in California coming up, and I'm not sure when they'll want me to come out (either this next week, or the following one), so I'm not even sure of my own future!

So that is where it stands now..

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Renee2007
on 8/26/11 1:28 am - Central, FL
 Thanks for the update, Liz!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

beemerbeeper
on 8/26/11 1:29 am - AL
Thanks for the update Liz.  And there will be a paypal button so we can help pay for this, right? 

~Becky

southernlady5464
on 8/26/11 7:04 am
Becky, I have one elsewhere. Just need to move it over to that site.

And I knew people were wondering how it was progressing.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

kirmy
on 8/26/11 5:41 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Good on you girl...and us metric folk thank you. xxx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
southernlady5464
on 8/26/11 7:38 am
Kirmy, the metric was my coder's idea and I agreed it was a great idea.

levittown_loser
on 8/26/11 7:24 am - Levittown, PA
Wow all these upgrades sound amazing.   Thanks for the update.   I am guessing you never heard from Tia.   I didn't either.    It's time to start anew!  :)  

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

southernlady5464
on 8/26/11 7:36 am
The coder is pumped apparently in doing this...

And no, I never heard from Tia...thanks for trying anyway, Tom...I do appreciate the try.

Liz

levittown_loser
on 11/6/11 10:57 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Liz.

Was wondering if there was any progress on the coding for the new Lab Rat Data site?

Thanks!
Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

southernlady5464
on 11/6/11 11:25 pm
Thanks for asking, Tom...

I've kept up with him at least weekly...

The coder is still working on it...I got updates every week except when he moved to the West Coast. :)

According to his last email:
The progress has been up and down, since I've rewritten a lot of parts some 2 or 3 times. However I very much don't want to put any code into production that I'm not comfortable with. Also, I've changed from the 960 grid to the twitter bootstrap, so I've had to change the layout a bit, too. The end result is looking very nice, and finally coming together. But it's a lot more work than I had originally thought

He's just making some adjustments to it before releasing it to me. And as soon as it's live I will let everyone know.

It's close...

And for those asking about a donate button...it is on the main page. I have the cost covered but any donations are welcome.

Remember, he was converting a html/asp code to php and that is not easy. That's partly why it took a coder and why it's taking time.

Liz