The Things you DIDNT expect post op.....please contribute!

jonathanac
on 8/26/11 2:37 am - NY
We all expect to lose weight, feel better, be healthier etc. But what are some of the surprises and stranger things you have noticed??

The first for me was the huge piles of poo! Even reading about it, it is hard to conceptualize preop

Second was being able to eat crap in public without being monitored and judged by everyone around, or at least feeling that way.

The third major one for me is the flapping that occurs when I decide I need to run for whatever reason... god, I hope Im the only one who hears the clapping.
Highest:454~Surgery:415~Current:227~Lost:227~Goal:220

scoob
on 8/26/11 2:43 am - Somerset, KY
The way my body can move and bend now is amazing. I'm bouncing down steps and off curbs now. Before I had to go down sideways, Left foot first the bring down the right, repeat till I'm down. Same with going up. And the pain of doing so is gone!

The difference in my "taste" of clothes. I think before I convinced myself that I liked what I was wearing when in reality I wore it cause it fit. Now my DH says, you're so "dressed up". Nah, thats just the kind of clothes I like now and they fit. This has been huge. I love clothes now!!

Sex! WOW! Nuff said!

I agree, Jon. The poo is unbelievable!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Imissthe80s
on 8/26/11 4:22 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I'm excited to experience the poo! I love bodily functions and every "gross" thing about the human body is cool to me.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/26/11 3:34 am
Flapping, yes, only you hearing it. I wouldn't even know what you're referring to, since I've never heard it. 

Sadly, I have a spastic dance that hubby and I perfected, to "showcase" said flapping sound. I'm slowly but surely getting stuff cut off in hopes that I can silence it.

My surprises with the weight loss are mostly things that related to insulin resistance, that I though were just damage, and would stay with me. I had the dark patches of skin on my body (acanthosis nigricans), and those gross skin tags. 

They all just went away on their own! I used to have those tags frozen off every month, since so many were constantly starting, but they just reabsorbed, and no new ones have ever appeared. The thick grey areas also just turned back into nice, soft pink skin. I didn't know it was even possible.

beemerbeeper
on 8/26/11 4:17 am - AL
The most surprising thing is that I can get on and off the FLOOR.  I can't believe it!!!  I thought that due to my relatively advanced age that THAT was why I couldn't get up and down off the floor.  Naw...it was that extra 100+ pounds!!

So now I have my first toy dog in training and I can sit on the floor to train her!!!  AMAZING!!

~Becky

gak
on 8/26/11 1:21 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
On August 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
The most surprising thing is that I can get on and off the FLOOR.  I can't believe it!!!  I thought that due to my relatively advanced age that THAT was why I couldn't get up and down off the floor.  Naw...it was that extra 100+ pounds!!

So now I have my first toy dog in training and I can sit on the floor to train her!!!  AMAZING!!

~Becky

Huh ? 
"relatively advanced age "

you are younger than many here, including me ! Your not old, get that thought OUT of your head woman ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

beemerbeeper
on 8/26/11 1:29 pm - AL
I feel about 35 Ginger.  I went on a "date" with my 26 yo daughter tonight and I was quite upset that she got "carded" at Ouback and I didn't.  lol.

But I really did think that my inability to get down and up from the floor was an age thing and I never blamed my weight.  How silly.

I sent you a long email by the way...  to your new email address.

~Becky

gak
on 8/26/11 1:36 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Sorry you did not get carded. But glad you had a good time with your daughter.  

No email arrived yet.. did you just send it ?

Yes I love how much easier it is to get up and down and do normal everyday tasks in life. That makes the DS grand for sure ! I think we do not want to admit what the extra weight does to us until it is gone ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

beemerbeeper
on 8/26/11 1:40 pm - AL
PM sent here on OH.

teachmid
on 8/27/11 1:16 am - OKC, OK
Me too, Becky. I was so surprised. Didn't need a pulley to get me up. Now I get down and up again just be because I can.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165