Panni Removal - and update

Not yo business OH
on 8/25/11 10:21 am
Hi guys.  Been lurking, but not posting a lot lately.  Just want to say hi and let you know I visit Dr. Sudan Monday to talk about this stupid football sized hernia AGAIN.  I was under the impression that my panni would be covered by insurance if I waited 18 months, but now have found out more information.  Insurance says it has to be hanging below my pubis and have infections that are not responding positively to treatment. 

Soo.... No need to keep waiting for insurance approval on the Panni if it is not going to be covered. (This means no panni removal for me as I can't afford it!) I guess I will find out  when he can do the hernia repair on Monday.  I am so nervous about another surgery.  I want the herniat fixed, but I am so happy the way I am too.  I dread being limited in my activities and so worried I will have to deal with another wound vac. 

I can pretty much eat anything right now without gaining any weight.  Nice, but scary!  The only thing that really causes me problems is gluten and Chick-fil-a.  Doing well on my vitamins, but still struggle to get in enough protein.  The protein issue is my own fault as I only drink one protein drink/day.  I think it will be easier to eat protein in the cooler months as I have craved fruits and veggies all summer. 

Well enough of my rambling.  If anyone has any questions, just let me know.  I am bored as usual.  T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
beemerbeeper
on 8/25/11 10:43 am - AL
Get your protein up before you have surgery!!!!!!!!!!!  Have you tried cake shakes?

~Becky

Not yo business OH
on 8/25/11 11:06 am
Sure thing girlie.  And no, I haven't tried those.  How about shooting me a good recipe if you have time.  Hope you are doing well.  Life is grand here.  T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
beemerbeeper
on 8/25/11 11:10 am - AL
The way I make them:

1 scoop protein powder (chocolate or PB flavor)
1 TBS dark cocoa
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 TBS splenda
3 TBS cooking oil
enough water to make a thin batter. Stir very well.

Nuke in a ramiken or large mug for 35-40 seconds.  I top mine with LandOLakes SF whipped cream.

You have to experiement a bit to get it the way you like it.  You can make it with a runny center or more like a cake.  It is worth trying a few to get it the way you like it.

~Becky

Amy_Kleve
on 8/26/11 10:40 am - Adrian, MN
This sounds SO good! I wrote it down to try. The only thing that scares me is the cooking oil. I cooked my eggs in oil on about 10 days post-op, my tummy yelled at me. I didn't get sick, but had sharp rumbles in my gut about 10 mins later.

I'm now 24 days post-op, do you think its safe to try it? Or could I put in a suppliment for oil?

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

beemerbeeper
on 8/26/11 11:46 am - AL
I think it requires some oil.  You could try 1 tbs and see how that does.  You would need to add more water.  I dump a bunch of oil in mine because I need the oil, but I think you could try it with a small amount and see.  All you've got to lose is the ingredients and a few minutes if it doesn't work.  Also taste the batter.  If it tastes good the cake will too.  I made one today with too little splenda (I've gotten lazy and stopped measuring) and it was AWFUL. haha.

~Becky

Tammy D.
on 9/21/11 4:54 pm

Yum! 

I have had cravings to die for - for almost 2 weeks now - and I was going crazing trying to ignore them. 

I made one of these and tah dah! Cravings are all gone! 

Thanks!!!!!!!

Century Club: Thanksgiving Day 25November2010  I am truly grateful
Diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and GERD resolved along the way. 
Onederland:  Citizen & permanent resident 17Dec2010  
'Normal' BMI range reached 26July2011
18 Month Surgiversary 148# BMI 23  26Nov2011

··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··
   ·><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>·
   ··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··

Tammy D.
on 10/9/11 2:19 pm
Hi Becky,
I've continued to play with this base recipe - and I've had some great treats!  OK, I've had some nasty ones too, but they go in the trash 'cause I don't ever have to eat anything I don't love, never again.  Today I started playing with Synthrax Nectar as the protein powder base.

Anyway, do you know if these count as protein toward our daily requirements?  I'm wondering if cooking it with the high (microwave) heat renders it invalid for protein count.

Thanks for any info you've got!  tammy
beemerbeeper
on 10/9/11 3:01 pm - AL
I asked this same quesiton once.  I'll be getting my labs back next week which will answer it for me.  But since we cook almost all the other protein we eat, someone smarter than me pointed out, why would it be any different for this?

~Becky

Tammy D.
on 10/10/11 1:30 am

Thanks Becky - I'll look forward to hearing your results.  :)  All good thoughts for you!