Dr. Vanguri

GinaGNY2
on 8/25/11 12:54 am - MD
Hi all!  I figured since we are all talking about surgeons so much today, i'd add my 2 cents!  Dr. Vanguri is not talked about to much on this forum and I just wanted to get some info out there.  I had my DS preformed by him almost 3 months ago, and am super happy.  I'm healthy, had no complications. His integrity and honesty is beyond wonderful.  When I asked him the question as to why more people do not choose this surgery he explained that not many surgeons do it and that the surgeons that do it, do not usually pu**** as it is a more risky surgery and it is not a decision to be taken lightly.  I respected him for that answer.  His after care program is also amazing, for an entire year you see him once a month and he does the labs for you every 3 months.  He is on the vetted surgeons list so before you vetts chime in I figured i'd let ya know! LOL!  so for any pre-ops located in the MD area I would highly recommend Dr. Vanguri.
Gina
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 2:26 am - Lancaster, OH
Your avitar says that Dr. Elariny was your surgeon.  Are you a revision?
Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 2:28 am - Burlington County, NJ
Thanks for the feedback. This is SO important. Please keep us updated not only on your progress, but on any further relationship with him. This is part of how we vet and recommend surgeons :-).

So glad that all is well thus far.

beemerbeeper
on 8/25/11 4:24 am - AL
Why would anyone need to see a surgeon once a month for a year after surgery?  I just don't get that concept.  I saw my surgeon at 1 week post op and don't plan to ever see him again.  I don't need a surgeon any longer since my surgery is done already.

And it isn't about ording labs (because any pcp can order labs) it is about ordering ALL the labs you need:  docs.google.com/Doc and getting CORRECT advice about the results.

But I'm glad you seem to be doing well and had no complications.

And BTW the DS is NOT a riskier surgery than the RnY according to the research.

~Becky

GinaGNY2
on 8/25/11 4:36 am - MD
Dr. Vanguri likes to meet once a month for the 1st year mainly to talk about how you are feeling and answer any questions you have.  The appointment only lasts less then 15 minutes usually, but I always come out feeling very satisifed as do most of the patients in the waiting room I get to chat with.  I did originally choose Dr. Elariny, but decided he wasn't the one for me based on his bedside manner, and the rate at wheich his staff changes.  Dr. Vanguri has had the same staff for years and years and it's very personable when you get there, they know your name and seem to be very genuine.  I really just wanted to make this post because I wanted people to be aware of him.
Gina
carebearsuzzan
on 8/25/11 4:48 am - CA
Dr Crookes too he says your his patient for life, I like that fact:)
nightowl
on 8/25/11 6:13 am - Topeka, KS
I am glad to hear your update and to know that Dr. Vanguri is a real option still.