~sigh~ More "hurry up and wait..."

beth-28
on 8/25/11 11:07 am
So I went to the surgeon's office on Tuesday the 23 to drop off my final paper work (CXR, UGI reports, 6 month diet, etc). We drove 2 hours because I wanted to place it in their hands so there would be no excuses..."We didn't get the whole fax;  The file you sent was corrupted".. I handed them every thing they needed to file with the insurance.

Well today I got an e-mail saying there was some stuff missing from my file, specifically the CXR, the UGI and the 6 month diet! What!?! So I sent them an email back telling them that they do have it, and I described who I gave it to. (She was very heavily pregnant so wasn't too hard to describe).

They had better find my paper work....grrrr. I'm ready for this surgery. I need this surgery. I'm on 3 different oral diabetes meds right now and I'm still having a hard time keeping my sugar down. Next stop is insulin-land, and I don't wanna go there.

Oh and even if it takes 2-3 weeks to get a reply, he's stil booked up until October. ~sigh~ I feel like I'm in the military. Hurry up and wait.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

gak
on 8/25/11 11:50 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Gesh that stinks, I hope you kept copies... just in case they do not find it ! 

I would be furious indeed !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 8:20 pm - MN
DS on 03/13/12
Sorry to hear they lost your paper work that would make me angry as all get out. Just remember that if you do need some insulin in the mean time that its not a bad thing. Its a hormone that your body makes all on its own but yours is just having a hard time using what it does make, and needs that extra bit of help. Hopefully they find the paper work and things work out for you.
Band to DS
on 8/27/11 1:48 am, edited 2/3/12 11:00 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!