**URGENT** Sharp stabbing pain about one hand below left breast

DivaJojo
on 8/26/11 12:23 am, edited 8/26/11 12:24 am - Atlanta, GA
Can't help with the pain as I didn't experience that.  But, my period did start about the second week after surgery and I had not had a regular period since about age 14 or 15 (not long after it started originally) because of my weight.  I would have some very light spotting (not enough to even pad) about once or twice a year (ahh, those were the days).  All DR's assured me my weight threw it off and there was nothing found wrong.

Since surgery, it's been like clockwork, perhaps moves ahead a couple of days during the year, but it is as regular as all get'out.  The first few months, though, it was extremely heavy.  So heavy that I had to stay home the heaviest day (usually the third day).  In the last 2-3 years, though, it has steadily leveled out and lightened up greatly.

Others hopefully will chime in, but if I remember correctly from my early post-op days, several people mentioned their cycles starting within the first two weeks after surgery.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Elizabeth N.
on 8/26/11 2:17 am - Burlington County, NJ
That sounds like a pretty normal course of events. Glad the pain is gone. I didn't use a binder, but I'm told people who like them tend to LOVE them.