Surgeon Chosen - Date Set - Now Comes the Waiting...

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 11:48 pm
I have been off the board for a while and am trying to catch up.  I have read this thread and some of your others and all I can say is:

ARE YOU ******G KIDDING ME????

If you don't reconsider this choice you are a total fool.  You have been told time and time again that Dr, Ungson is the ONLY DS surgeon in Mexico.  That's it. There. is. no. one. else.

If you decide to continue on this path, please block me also.  I just cannot take another death or complication brought on by foolish choices.

Michele

Elizabeth N.
on 8/24/11 11:57 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Dawn, if you follow through on this path with this charlatan and criminal, yours is very likely to be the next death we mourn here, only we'll be able to discuss it openly in every possible detail and speculation because your family will have NO legal recourse.

This is the stupidest idea you've come up with yet. Just because you don't value your life enough to be sensible, doesn't me we place equally little value on you. DON'T BELIEVE THIS LIAR AND DON'T GO THERE.

larra
on 8/25/11 12:38 am - bay area, CA
Strange...I've been reading and posting on the DS forum for about 6 years now, and not one of his 550 DS patients has posted a single time ever.
     So either he's flat out lying to you, or they all died.
     I prefer to believe that he's lying.

You've been given the best possible advice, over and over, by the people most in the know. Why you are unable to keep from placing yourself in harm's way I don't know, but I'm done with you, and I don't think I've ever said that to anyone before. You are just sucking up the good will and patience of all the good hearted people here and not benefiting from it in any way. So I'm done.

Larra
Guate Wife
on 8/25/11 3:13 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Yowza.... THIS is something I never thought I would see!  If you've worn out Larra, well, wow.

I've never witnessed so many vets just worn thin at one time.  It is usually a couple of us; we may spout off, we may stay quiet, but then some others will chime in and calmly attempt to lead the person away from harm.

This is really something to witness.

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

Renee2007
on 8/25/11 1:00 am - Central, FL
PLEASE  reconsider your decision!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

kramer5
on 8/25/11 2:01 am - Washington, KS
Just wanted to pop on quickly and let everyone know that I'm not ignoring them...we had a death in our family late last night/early this morning and as soon as things settle down I will be looking at all the links everyone sent through, responding, and I guess, from the little I've glanced through, blocking those *****ally want me to block them (need to see who wants me to block them because I even considered this or who wants me to block them based on my decision).

It might be this weekend before I have a chance to read everything but I did want everyone to know that I appreciate their responses and I wasn't ignoring anyone.

Thanks everyone,
Dawn

Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 2:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'm very sorry for your loss, Dawn :-(. Thank you so much for letting us know that you hadn't just disappeared. I'm sure you can understand the kinds of thoughts going through, well, through MY mind at least, given that's what Stephanie did.

What those who want to be blocked REALLY want is for you to grow some sense about this surgeon. He's lying and he's on the shady side of the law. This is a horrible combination. I'm grateful that you survived one procedure with him. The odds against doing so twice are not good.

You need an HONEST surgeon. He ain't.

Laugh Out Loud
on 8/25/11 3:19 am
Dawn,
Sorry for your loss.  Sounds like you've got a stressful week ahead of you.  Will you please come to the Turning Point Support Group meeting in Topeka, KS on September 10.  It starts at 10am and we can meet in the cafeteria afterwards to talk.  Bring your dad too.  I didn't have surgery there but they let me hang out with them.  Here's their website:
http://www.topekaobesitysurgery.com/
Right now you have options.  If you go to TJ you won't have any. 
Hope to hear from you,
Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/11 2:54 am - San Jose, CA
Dawn, in addition to reading this yourself, I want you to SHOW THIS THREAD TO YOUR FATHER, because you seem to be basing your decision on costs, and you have posted that he is paying for your surgery.  I don't know if he is pressuring you to keep costs to a minimum, or you are doing it because you don't feel entitled to the best treatment on his dime, but THIS CANNOT BE THE BASIS FOR CHOSING A HACK (in my opinion, of course) AS YOUR SURGEON!

If you can't afford a PROPER DS surgeon now, then DEFER YOUR SURGERY until you can.