Liquid Iron

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 9:17 am - Beverly, NJ
I've been doing fantastiv with my vitamins.  The only problem I am having is my iron.  I'm scared about waiting to wait for labs to need an iron infusion although I welcome one should I need it.  So today I called Greenbaums office hoping he had a suggestion.  He called me in a prescription liquid iron.  I don't know the name of it yet, I'm on my way to pick it up in the morning.  Does anyone have any experience with something like this?  I know having the name would help so much more lol.  Tomorrow when I get it I'll be sure to post what its called.
Sher Bear Mama
on 8/24/11 10:09 am
So interested to hear about the liquid iron!

Sher-
Sher--the bear mama

Sean_B
on 8/24/11 10:39 am - Schenectady, NY
NovaFerrum? Feosol? Ferretts? FerInSol?

Most likely one of those.  Whatever it is, hope it helps

Pre: 324 Now: 185-190 http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v362/171/99/1251208761/n1251208761_30154298_7588.jpg

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 12:09 pm - Beverly, NJ
I'll know tomorrow morning and I'll do a search on here and see what everyone says.  :)
vitalady
on 8/24/11 11:49 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Ferretts is an excellent product, not hard on the gut. It's OTC, but sometimes you can get OTC products via rx.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 12:10 pm - Beverly, NJ
I follow your schedule down to a "T".  Iron is my only problem pill.  I've even gotten over my fear of the calcium :)  I'm confident I"ll eventually be able to handle to iron I just don't want to fall behind before I do :)
vitalady
on 8/24/11 12:17 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Did it bother you? Tender Iron?

I usta offer the Ferretts liquid, but it was not a big mover, so I had to let it go even tho it's a great product. I put it in Don's j-tube when he had the broken neck thing and couldn't swallow. it maintained his levels nicely and even so with 2 surgeries 6 wks apart.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 12:23 pm - Beverly, NJ
It's the capsuls that are bothering me.  I've tried letting them disolve.... Yucky!  I tried the BA chewables and the taste makes me gag.  I don't know why this particular pill is giving me such a hard time.  I used to have problems with some of the other ones but over time I got used to them and they slide down nice and easy.  So I figured I'd try the liquid iron for a few weeks and then give the tender iron a nother go.  :)  
halblingefrau
on 8/24/11 6:44 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
I'd love to hear how you fare with the liquid iron.  Especially the taste... I've never been a fan of liquid medicine.  Hopefully liquid vitamin/mineral wouldn't be as nasty.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/25/11 3:27 am
 I'm anxious to hear your update on this too, since my doc wants me to add liquid iron, but she mentioned Floridix.