Last minute things for the hospital

michelehei
on 8/23/11 12:39 pm
 I went out today and bought baby wipes.
I have my Ozium spray that I bought at Walgreens on sale for $3.99!!!
Anything else anyone can think of?
Thanks!

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/23/11 12:45 pm
A pillow!

Not only to sleep on, but to help brace your stiches on your tummy for when you have to get up and walk. Every step jiggled my incisions, it felt funny and not in a good way, bracing my tummy with a pillow really made it easier to move around until the pain started to subsite.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

meredith_123
on 8/23/11 12:46 pm - Waterford, MI
Good luck.  Did you remember your chapstick?  I have heard that one over & over again. Oh and a back scratcher.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
happydsr
on 8/23/11 1:13 pm
Diane Davis
on 8/23/11 3:04 pm
Just got home yesterday from the hospital with my DS.

Life saving items:

chapstick
tongs ( wrap toilet paper around tip to wipe, OMGosh, what a blessing to have)!
baby wipes
phone charger
back scratchere
pillow

Anything else is supplied by the hospital.  I wore their gowns, didn't wear undies. BTW, my stomach was so swollen, the sweats I wore to the hospital I wore home, and they were really snug on my sore stomach. So wear something really loose.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 1:01 am
Tell me more about tongs.  Like kitchen tongs? 
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 1:27 am - Beverly, NJ
Yes like kitchen tongs (or you can order a butt budy from Amazon).  I used my butt buddy once I came home from the hospital but while I was in the hospital I used the nurses.  Not everyone needs help wiping their bums.  I had a hard time wiping mine pre-op and so for about 2 weeks post-op I needed help too.  By week three It was a breeze.
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 1:54 am
They are seriously called "Butt Buddy"??  OMG that is the best name for a product ever......
Diane Davis
on 8/24/11 1:50 am
Yes, just a cheap pair of kitchen tongs. I bought mine at Big Lots, they had a smooth plastic end on them, was such a life saver.

I did forget to mention your cpap if you use one and your personal items like toothbrush/paste, hair items, and your own shower items if you have a personal preference to your own things.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
goodkel
on 8/23/11 4:29 pm
chapstick
hairbrush
scrunchie if your hair is long
Anything else you need, the hospital will provide.

If what you take won't fit in a purse, you've packed too much.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"