Met a Very Successful Bandster Last Night!

kirmy
on 8/23/11 8:05 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I had an awesome conversation with my mate Tina.  It went like this:

Tina: I have to ask you a personal question
Me: Yesh my pretty
Tina: I was reading a story in the paper about a woman who had a bypass.  All she could eat was six spoons of soft food.  For lunch she ate a spoon of potato and a spoon of tuna and a quarter cup of soup.  Dessert was half a plum!  Tell me you don't eat like this...I was horrified!
Me: (chuckles) This morning I ate a bowl of muesli with four cut strawberries, two slices of rock melon, two slices of pineapple diced into little bits and a banana with brewed coffee made on cream and full fat milk.  I got hungry again and had two slices of sour dough bread with two tablespoons of butter and promite.  For lunch I'm having a sirloin steak with a white wine sauce and mushrooms followed by a cheese selection nice this goes down and a coffee.  For dinner I've defrosted a kg of king prawns and plan on making a masala curry.  Dessert is a milka bar with dime bits in it.....
Tina: Oh my God
Me: Close but he doesn't look as good in spandex.

Tina: How are you that size?
Me: You should see the size of my turds!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/23/11 8:29 am
LOL! I've had a few conversations like that, those are my favorite ones!

Also,  I love masala.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 10:36 pm
I have absolutely not clue what 90% of that is but it sounds delicious.
PattyL
on 8/23/11 8:42 am
 He looks good...he's had all the plastics.  But it doesn't seem to me like he actually eats healthy.  Lean proteins just don't work for most banded people.
Heather E.
on 8/23/11 4:31 pm
I have a friend who got the band about five years ago.  She, too, has been extremely successful, but has told me on more than one occasion that she really wishes she would have done better research and chosen a different surgery option.  She basically has to work out like a maniac to maintain.  She claims that she loves working out now, which may be true to some extent, but can you imagine *having* to work out constantly just to maintain?  It's like all those failed fad diets that we've all partaken in over the years.  My friend is quite jealous of my DS and has told me so...LOL.  I love it!

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

larra
on 8/24/11 1:29 am - bay area, CA
And what do you think will happen to your friend as she gets older and isn't able to exercise like a maniac, or if she is injured (as can happen to anyone) and can't workout for a few months, or if life in general interferes with her workout regimen?
     It isn't realistic to expect anyone to eat just five tiny bites at a time for life, or to eat only a few carefully selected foods for life, or to exercise like a maniac for life. That's why the failure rate for the band is so high, well, along with the pain, vomiting, sliming, pb'ing, etc.
     I admire this gentleman for his success with the band. But it did come at a high price, a price most people are unable to pay.

Larra
Heather E.
on 8/24/11 3:35 am
Oh, I agree completely, Larra.  It is scary to me that my friend's weightloss success hinges so heavily on working out.  I'm not sure about her eating habits - we don't really discuss those, so I'm not sure what her own particular issues are with that.  I wish her all the best, but I am afraid for her as well.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140