Had my one week post-op appt today

litebrite
on 8/24/11 9:52 am - Telford, PA
Ok well, it was my one week appointment, but it was really 9 days post-op.  I didn't think they would weigh me.  I thought they would start weighing me at the first month appointment.  They did weigh me and I almost fell over.  Since starting the liquid diet 8/10/11 and then the surgery 8/15/11, I have lost 33 lbs.  I was shocked!!!!

They also said my incisions were doing well and spent a lot of time with me.  I was shocked that the NP spent over 30 minutes.  Asking questions, talking, and checking out the incisions.  I see the surgeon in about 3 more weeks. 

They did encourage me to get in more protein.  I am doing ok at getting in the 64 oz of water and one protein shake (31 gms protein) and maybe 15 grams more via other sources.  I thought I was doing ok.  I know I have to step it up but for being 9 days post-op I didn't think it was so bad.  I also have been taking my Multi-vit three times a day for 1 week already.

Well, I can start puree tomorrow----so excited.  At this point, it's the the little things :)

DS on 8/15/11

DianaRR
on 8/24/11 10:57 am - CA
I'm glad you are doing so well.

I wish you a continued speedy recovery!
Nurse N.
on 8/24/11 11:25 am
Wow that's totally amazing! Talk about the "little" things, that's totally amazing on your weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

beemerbeeper
on 8/24/11 11:26 am - AL
Good grief?  That much fluid PLUS a shake? Already? You are doing FANTASTIC!!!  Just keep pushing those fluids, and getting your rest.

~Becky

Jolly Rancher
on 8/24/11 11:31 am
You're ahead of the curve, and sounds like you are doing great. Congrats.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
ambermay
on 8/24/11 11:36 am
Sounds like your doing great too!!  Congrats :)  I am on mushies right now too.  YUM!

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

J G.
on 8/24/11 2:00 pm
I think your doing great!  Protein and water- wise.  I did the 30-60-90 day protein schedule. I would highly suggest you look into Vitalady's vitamin plan.  Bet you are thrilled with the 33 lbs!  Yaaay!

-Jenny
Tinabean
on 8/24/11 2:04 pm - MN
Wow--it sounds like you are doing great with hydration, protein, and weight loss!! Great job!!
halblingefrau
on 8/24/11 6:40 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
Great Job!  I'm 2 weeks out and I remember that first appointment.  And getting on purees helped me feel more human again.  I'm the cottage cheese queen.  There is 13g protein in 1/2 cup (which is about all i can eat at a sitting right now).  Plus, it's VERY gentle on my stomach, moreso than any other puree/soup I've tried. 

With your protein shake and a cup or cup and a half of cottage cheese, you'll be cruising in on our protein goal with ease.  And congrats on getting your 64oz of fluids.  I can't seem to get much more than 50oz.  Granted, that's over the minimum but I want to be a straight A DS'er.  :)

litebrite
on 8/25/11 12:18 am - Telford, PA
Thank you all.  I LOVE water, before this I drank approximately 320 oz a day, sometimes more!  It was hard at first but now I have to try and NOT drink that much. Meaning saving room for some food and also not gulping--sips :)
DS on 8/15/11