18 Month's Post Op ***AT GOAL***

z85sparty
on 8/22/11 12:46 pm, edited 8/22/11 12:48 pm - Mason, MI
 Before reading further... this is probably going to be a long post-op post so I'm sorry in advance, lol!!!

For many of you, you know I've been struggling to lose the last 10 pounds that I've had my mind completely set on loosing.  I hit my one year post-op mark and I've only lost a couple of pounds since then, which was this past January.  Even though the scale has hung out at the 150 pound mark since then, I've seen my body changing and noticed it's even getting smaller.  

Three weeks ago I finished my first sprint distance Triathlon!  It was an amazing accomplishment for myself.  Just a year and a half ago, I weighed 290 pounds and there I was swimming, biking, and running in one of the toughest physical events a human can train for.  I am now training to run in my first full distance marathon (the Marine Corp. Marathon in Washington, D.C. on October 30th) and for my Half-Ironman Triathlon, which I will compete in next year.  

After all this, I still have been mentally struggling with the fact that I weigh 150 and not 140 pounds.  (Silly, I know!)  Today, I had a meeting with my surgeon and I was terrified he was going to tell me that I was a failure for not making it to my goal.  Well, little did I realize that he was more than floored with my results!!!  He was truly amazed at the athlete I've become.  He talked about how all the training I am doing is building up major muscles, and the only way I will physically be able to lose the last 10 pounds I want is if I really stop training as much as I am.

I walked out of his office totally floored!  This was the literally the first time in my entire life that I've gone to the doctor's office (of any type) and they didn't tell me I needed to lose weight, AND told me I am right where I should be!  As silly as it sounds, hearing him say this made me feel 100% happy and satisfied with where I am at, and made me realize this is my goal weight!!

I started this journey at 290 pounds on January 20, 2011 and as of today I sit at 150 pounds.  I lost a total of 140 pounds, which means I lost 93% of my excess body weight, and I have a current body fat content of 23%, which means I am in the athletic range and I've gone from a BMI of 50 to a BMI of 24.9... NORMAL BABY!!!  Pre-Op I wore a size 26/28 and an XXL/XXXL on top; and as of today I am a size 4 on the bottom and a XS/S on the top!  Even after having a TT (hopefully soon), I'm fairly sure I won't go down much more in the pants, seeing I have some majorly muscular thighs that I don't think are going to go away, lol! 

I am completely anal with my vitamins, and my bloodwork shows it!  It's a DSer's dream!  I also get all of my daily protein in, and drink 3 of Lori's Coffee Protein Shakes a day!!  I love them, and can't live without them now!!  I've worked super hard to kick my Diet Coke addiction, and I am down to having one or two Diet Coke's a month!  This is a huge accomplishment for me!! 

I feel like a totally different person, mentally!!  I LOVE who I am!  For the first time in my life, I feel like I am a completely hot chick that anyone would want! Although, I never seem to get hit on!!  (No, don't laugh... For real!!  I'm not kidding!  Seriously!!)  I am finally AT GOAL, and I LOVE it!!!!  I  my DS!!!! 

Now, for the best part and the part I always like the best... THE PICTURES!!

My Pre-Op...

Me Now... 

**I'm a photo ***** I know, I can't help it!!! !**

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

lwoznick
on 8/22/11 12:56 pm - Green Bay, WI
Wow, what an incredible transformation! You look so healthy and vibrant. You are an inspiration to me! I too, hope to get my once athletic body back again after my DS revision surgery. But seeing how quickly you've become so healthy gives me hope. You should be so proud of yourself! Congratulations! I'm proud of you! Enjoy and celebrate your success! You've certainly earned it!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
prettypixels
on 8/22/11 1:04 pm
Your journey is so inspiring! I remember reading one of your posts when you were about 4 months post-op and had just done a 5k... I couldn't help thinking, wow... post-op to 5k, that quickly! You look amazing and just full of joy. I hope to join you there sometime soon! Thanks so much for posting this update!
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 1:18 pm, edited 8/22/11 1:18 pm
DS on 02/01/12
I love you! I have been very down in the dumps lately over possibly delaying my DS due to insurance issues. Your post has inspired me and given me back the "fight" I was losing.
Sher Bear Mama
on 8/22/11 1:19 pm
Congratulations, you look amazing!  I once lost about 140 pounds and went from 260 down to 120.  I had so much loose skin--it must have weighed a ton.  At 120 I was way too skinny.  What i didn't realize was that the loose skin weights a lot and you need to take that into account when you figure your goal weight.  So, if you wanted to weigh 140--then the only way to do that might be to either: a) as your doc said, stop working those muscles so much --but why would you do that when those muscles are what are helping to keep you so slim!  or b) get liposuction, tummy tuck, thigh and arm lifts, etc.  My point here is not to tell you to do either a or b--just to point out that it's possible that you're fighting a losing battle with those last 10 pounds.  I am 5 ft 5 and I found that at 150 I look AMAZING.  I don't look at all like i need to lose weight.  But if I'd cut off that extra skin I probably weighed more like 135 or 140.  See my point?  It's just a number.  You look and feel great!  Heck, you can run your skinny little ass off!  What more could you ask for?

Congratulations, Slim!!!

Sher-
Sher--the bear mama

fluffy_me
on 8/22/11 7:23 pm
amazing!! you don't look like you need any plastics at all!!

2bee.or.not2bee
on 8/22/11 8:14 pm, edited 8/22/11 8:14 pm
 You look PERFECT! And even better, you feel good!! Job well done!! 

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
NoMore B.
on 8/22/11 9:44 pm
Congratulations! 
You look incredible.  You had your surgery shortly after mine, so I had been following you.  You know, you look so different I couldn't quite place you until I saw your before picture.  Amazing!

I'm sorry you're having issues, still feeling like you need to lose more.  I go through that, too, even though I am also at a normal BMI.  Strange how years of obesity can play with our minds.  But so you know, you look freakin' awesome and do not need to lose another ounce!

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 11:50 pm - TX

Absolutely amazing!!  Jaw dropping!  Thank you for paying it forward for us "pre-ops" that still think....."this will never happen for me"

litebrite
on 8/23/11 12:06 am - Telford, PA
Inspiration, you look great!  CONGRATS!!!!
DS on 8/15/11