Hurricane Irene

kirmy
on 8/22/11 11:25 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
There is no place like home Dorothy!

Be careful my little sexy minx. 
P.s. I'm gonna visit you one day like a force 11 stupid cyclone of weird.  Just so you can get into the crash position in time. xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
southernlady5464
on 8/23/11 12:11 am
Just saw the new info on Irene and the path itself looks to dead center Southport, NC (about 30 mins southeast of Wilmington, NC). The cone itself covers most of the SC & all of te NC coast.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

J G.
on 8/23/11 3:40 pm

Eilleen, yeah, I've been watching this one for a while.  I have a PS consult on Thursday so I'm going to be bummed out if I have to postpone.  I agree with you.  A Cat 3 is Okay to ride out, so maybe you will be just sitting tight.  Making the decision is always rough.  If you wait too long the traffic is insane.  Good luck, I'll be watching for your posts.

-Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 11:14 pm
Luckily for us Gov. Perdue ordered all tourons outta here to help with traffic flow. Looks like Irene is veering off a bit so we may miss the right side, which is the worse of the wind & squalls. My preparation continue, just in case.
sdld2001
on 8/23/11 10:55 pm - Summerville, SC
I'm swinging critters for all my fellow DS east coasters. We're in Charleston and it seems like we'll avoid the worst of it, unless of course the *****being a *****turns again. Stay safe!
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 11:15 pm
Thanks! Wish the damn thing would go off to sea...grr!!
orangecrushed
on 8/24/11 12:05 pm - Triad, NC
 Hope everyone hangs on tight!  Good idea on making sure everything's all stocked up.  I'm pretty far inland, so it seems like it won't be so bad for us if Irene stays on track.  Hugo was really rough on us when it came through.  That storm was just bad all the way around.

By the by, I absolutely ADORE Charleston!  I'd love to live down there some day.  We were just there and IOP in April, and had a blast.  Can't wait to visit again!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join me here: weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

girlygirl1313
on 8/26/11 10:01 pm - Davidson, NC
 Eileen!!  you hanging in there girl?  I just heard the Bogue Inlet Pier has washed away and that's right down the road from you.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today.

~GG

Band to DS
on 8/27/11 1:06 am, edited 2/3/12 10:59 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/27/11 6:11 am, edited 8/27/11 6:16 am
I bugged out of NYC last night. I didn't wait for saturday morning for Bloobmerg to announce evacuation orders before getting the **** out, especially considering they were going to shut down mass transit at noon on Saturday. Imagine millions of people with 2 hours to get the heck out of dodge before the trains shut down. That's not my idea of a party.

I can't beleive how dumb some people in the big apple are by staying put. Especially since most residents live in apartment buildings over 6 storeys tall. Power goes out and you don't have WATER either. If you're on the 20th floor and the elevator dies and you have to get to ground level to ge****er, what are you gonna do, especially if you're elderly

My apartment is one block from one of the evac zones, but it's an old building and if a strong wind hits my windows will be blown in. If the **** hits the fan, flooding, power outages, bridges closed, Manhattan Island could very well could turn into a Katrina-like scenario where we had hundreds of thousands of people with no water or food and all access points in or out flooded or blocked. Considering you're not exactly allowed to pack heat in the big apple, you can't hole up somewhere with several rounds of buckshot prepared for any looter who wants your canned beans.

So we're at the in-laws now, upstate, well stocked with supplies and enough firearms and ammo for a small army.

Stay safe everyone!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com