Updates on Stephanie (StephOinAZ)

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/11 3:20 pm - Beverly, NJ

For legal reasons, Stephanie's family has been asked to stop sharing information about this matter.  If anything should change, I promise to inform our forum. 

I would also like to ask that you please respect her family and myself and refrain from sending PMs and emails requesting information. 

I know this has been hard on all of us.  Unfortunately at this time it is out of our hands. 

Thank you for your understanding. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/11 3:28 pm - San Jose, CA
That sounds like exactly what needs to happen.  I hope people will honor your request.
orangecrushed
on 8/21/11 3:35 pm - Triad, NC
Thank you for trying to keep everyone posted on this.  It's certainly affected us all.  I can imagine that emails asking for info is about the last thing the family is needing at this time.

Nic
Elizabeth N.
on 8/21/11 3:51 pm - Burlington County, NJ

I hope that her loved ones are aware of the many kind thoughts and good vibes being sent their way.

Band to DS
on 8/22/11 9:23 am, edited 2/3/12 10:50 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

NoMore B.
on 8/21/11 9:27 pm
Thanks for posting this. 

It bothered me a few days ago when someone posted on one of her pre-op threads which raised it back to the top of this board.  I didn't know Stephanie well, but thought it was in bad taste.  I can imagine it was very painful to those who knew her better, and unbearable for her family and loved ones if they were to see it.  I thought about responding to the thread with that, but didn't want to take part in continuing to bump it.
Band to DS
on 8/22/11 9:22 am, edited 2/3/12 10:49 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

NoMore B.
on 8/22/11 9:35 am
Oh I didnt think you meant anything bad. And just because I was bothered doesnt mean everyone else was. When something like this happens we all mourn one of our own differently.

No worries.
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 12:25 am
I can't believe that people are sending emails asking for details to her family.  That is horrible.

We were all rocked by Stephanie's death, and I know we are all curious as to what exactly happened, but for heaven's sake have some respect for the poor family who naturally is mourning much more deeply than we all are.

Like all of us, I have shed many tears about Stephanie's passing.  I only hope that her family finds peace.  I pray that people can leave them alone to mourn privately.

Thanks for sharing that information. 

Nicolle
on 8/22/11 2:36 am

Thank you for posting this, Vanishing Mom. Her family and friends have a right to their private grief. They should be left alone. And, if there is a legal issue to be handled, they do not want to be airing anything on an online message board.

Thanks,

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!