E-NUFF!! You have been warned!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 1:53 am, edited 8/21/11 9:50 pm - San Jose, CA
ETA: I hope Judy (Had Enuf) doesn't think I was yelling at her!!

This idiocy has picked my last nerve. I know this thread isn't going to stay on top for very long, but perhaps people will remember it and raise it as necessary.

When we vets tell you to avoid a surgeon, and you decide for whatever reason (he's close to my house; he's so charming; all those problems are in his past, he assured me; he SWORE he'd be there for me; he ASSURED me he's competent to do my surgery; his staff promised me he's done 100s of DSs in the last 3 weeks; he's cheap and the only one I can afford; he can operate next week) to go ahead with using him or her, DO NOT EXPECT ANY SUPPORT FROM ME OR MOST ANY OF THE VETS ON HERE, before or after you have surgery, and ESPECIALLY if you have post-op complications.

I'm sick and tired (as are many others) of spending time trying to talk idiots out of doing idiotic things. You are going to get told ONCE, and then I'm washing my hands of you.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody here is getting paid to spend their time trying to help steer people to good surgeons, or away from bad ones. If you don't want to listen to our advice, which we are giving freely and with no expectation of "reward," SCREW YOU. And you will have forfeited the right to complain later that "nobody warned me," along wit the right to expect anyone to help you clean up the mess you made of your life because of your stupid choices.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/22/11 1:57 am - Tuvalu

I love it when you get all warm and fuzzy like this.
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 2:00 am - Beverly, NJ
She's amazing isn't she *sigh*  I love me some DC
Guate Wife
on 8/22/11 2:26 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Someone's favorite quotation is worth remembering:

"Sometimes you just have to let go and let the universe do it's thing".

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 4:55 am - Beverly, NJ
That would be my quote from Facebook.  I'm not sure how to take why you put it here though.
Guate Wife
on 8/22/11 5:46 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Because you've done what you can for this woman, and she has dug her heals in and is willing to prove you / us / everyone wrong at the expense of her own LIFE.  She is willing to alter the existence of the lives of her children and loved ones because, well, what will be will be.

It is time to sincerely wish her the best, and cut off all means of communication so you don't ever have to deal with the likes of her again.  Bad energy.  Draining.  Self-destructive.

How dare anyone ask for a copy of an autopsy of someone that they didn't even know, and who just recently died?  The fact that this surgeon now has a 100% death rate for DS should be enough, but oh no.... now we want to know if somehow the VICTIM was to blame?  Not going to fly --- a competent surgeon would not have done surgery on someone that they felt was not going to make it through, and there was absolutely NO INDICATION of that with Stephanie pre-op.  Stubborn, resistant to sound advice..... but her death should at the very least serve as a very large red flag to anyone else considering this surgeon (and the ever roving cowboy that just jumped the state line from AZ back to CA).

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 6:10 am - Beverly, NJ
Thank you for seeing that because she's slaughtered me on facebook so far.  Since I've been blocked I can't see what she's saying.  Only that she needed to defend herself against me. 

Honestly at this point I don't care anymore.  I've done my part.  I'm protecting Stephs family and trying my hardest to keep crazies like her away from them. 

She is an adult and if she wishes to go against everything that the vets have said that's her fault at this point. 

I've cut her off and I hope that she's leaving that poor family alone. 

I'm actually kind of flattered that she blocked me and has posted what she did lol.  I have officially pissed someone off enough to block me because what I've told them was for their own good. 
Guate Wife
on 8/22/11 6:33 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Her thread on FB has been pulled, but not before the message to her was reinforced many times over.  She has indicated that she has deactivated her account on OH.... if so, she just continues to prove that she is self-destructive.

Don't worry about being slaughtered for doing what you feel is right; turning the other way and living with that is far worse.

You've earned your first battle scar --- wear it proudly!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/22/11 3:20 pm - Burlington County, NJ
LOL congratulations! Now let it go. Ruminating will only give you a bellyache. You don't have enough stomachs to ruminate effectively.

dtabor5
on 8/22/11 4:27 am
you crack me up!!! Can you PLEASE come live with me and give me those all day long... like when the 16 year and the 3, 15 year olds are working my last BORROWED nerve....

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!