It was a stricture after all

Gina_N.
on 8/21/11 11:00 am
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has given me advice over the past 2 months.  I finally had my doctor appointment on Thursday and he set me up for an endoscopy the next morning, turns out it was a pretty severe stricture. He wants to go back in in 4 weeks to recheck it doesn't start to close again.  I haven't eaten practically in 2 1/2 months, so I was in heaven the past two days.  I want to tell everyone that when I was sick (throwing up every single day) I thought that that was part of the process, if I would've called the doctor sooner I could have avoided theses months of agony.  Thanks again everyone! Now it's time to get some energy back and start living!!
Gina
Jennifer D.
on 8/21/11 11:19 am
Hi Gina, I m glad you've found relief. This forum is awesome for information and support. I wish I had known of it prior to my first surgery.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Kathleen F.
on 8/21/11 11:21 am
I am so glad they figured it out and you are feeling better!
Lisa A.
on 8/21/11 11:23 am - Windsor, NY
Glad to hear your on the road to recovery. I know exactly where your coming from because I was sick and threw up every day for about six months (multiple times a day). I have three kids but they are 22, 20 and 17. I can't imagine being that sick and taking care of babies... so glad your feeling better... you need your strength for your family.

Nurse N.
on 8/21/11 11:24 am
Glad you got that taken care of, and glad to know you got a solution to your problem. Start living!!!!

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

butercup
on 8/21/11 12:42 pm - Kennewick, WA
That's scary and a big relief! Glad you're going to be OK.
Jolly Rancher
on 8/21/11 5:17 pm
I can relate. Strictures suck. I'm glad you got it sorted out. Definitely get it rechecked. I had a stubborn one that required multiple scopes.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Julie R.
on 8/21/11 11:48 pm - Ludington, MI
 Glad to hear you are feeling better!   Strictures are less common than with the RNY, but they DO occur in DS'ers, and it's usually a pretty easy fix, so let's hope you continue to do well, and can start eating again!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

KellyJTn
on 8/22/11 5:19 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Glad to hear you found out what was wrong and had it fixed. It's an amazing feelnig to eat/drink and be able to keep it down after not eating or drinking for some time. My stricture kept me from food/drink for about a month, and emotionally it was horrible. I feel so much better now! Glad you do too! 

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Gina_N.
on 8/22/11 12:14 pm
Thanks everyone, it feels awesome to be able to eat dinners with my family and not just stare at them eating.
Gina