4 months out and dehydrated?

beemerbeeper
on 8/20/11 11:12 am - AL
Good advice.  ***LIKE***

~Becky

trxxyy
on 8/21/11 1:22 pm - Orange County, CA
Thanks again, Sandy!  You and the others vets have done such a good job of stressing the importance of supplements that I honestly freak out a little at the thought of possibly missing a dose.  I have now moved the Cipro to front of the pack and I only have three more doses left.  I just needed to be reminded that missing a supplement dose or rearranging supplements for a short period of time won't end up in a deficiency.

Kayla B.
on 8/20/11 12:54 pm - Austin, TX
Darn, I really wish they would have given you an IV to get you back on track.  It really can make a difference in how you feel.

Dehydration is such a horrid cycle.  Dehydration leads to nausea which makes you not want to eat or drink and the whole darn cycle perpetuates itself over and over again.

If you get any worse, call the UC center to ask if they will do an IV in clinic.  I work at an urgent care and we do this for patients sometimes, so hopefully this is something you can take advantage of.  If not, please do go to the ER for fluids.  You can't even imagine how great being hydrated feels...
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
trxxyy
on 8/21/11 1:25 pm - Orange County, CA
Kayla,

The doctor telling me I was dehydrated totally caught me off guard.  Now I know what to look for so hopefully it won't happen again but if it does I will definitely push to get some IV fluids.

rbb825
on 8/20/11 2:52 pm - Suffern, NY
If you finish the cipro and you still have the abdominal pain, back pain and blood in your urine please follow up with your PCP or a urologist.  Not all kidney stones can be seen on a plain x-ray.  Some stones need a CT scan to be seen.  I just had surgery for stones - 2 in the left side - 1 was obstructing my ureter and 1 further up in the kidney and I still have multiple one on the right side which I will be having additional surgery for next month. Mine we found via CT after I had what was thought to be a UTI - positive urinalysis but negative culture on 3 tests.  According to my urologist almost all WLS patients will eventually get stones - many are fortunate to pass them when they are small enough and don't need surgery (some pass them and don't even know it)  Mine were way too large to pass.  I had a cystoscopy with a laser to blast them and then a kidney stent was put in for 2 weeks.

Keep drinking and lots of it.

trxxyy
on 8/21/11 1:29 pm - Orange County, CA
This is very interesting, I had no idea that some kidney stones don't show up on plain x-rays.  I will see a Urologist if I continue to have problems.  My dad is going into tomorrow to have some stones blasted, he has been battleing them for the last couple of years.  I hope his situation doesn't mean I have a genetic predisposition to stones but it could be.
J G.
on 8/20/11 3:36 pm
Shelly, just so you know I care....drink up!

trxxyy
on 8/21/11 1:30 pm - Orange County, CA
You made me smile!  Thanks.