bacon salad

jenflock
on 8/19/11 10:02 pm - TN
so I had a salad at a church function that rocked my world.  I made it DS friendlier.  Lettuce, shredded cheese, oodles of bacon pieces.  hers had fresh peas too but I left them out of mine.  you mix some splenda with loads of mayo and then mix it with the lettuce according to your personal taste. I love mine goopy so it was!! then layer the goopy lettuce mix with the bacon and cheese and viola.  You can add to this any tidbits you like to layer and nosh down.  very easy and super good.  I think I may try edmame in place of the peas for the added texture.  maybe black olives. hmm maybe mix cottage cheese into there somehow.. ooh the possibilities are endless

girlygirl1313
on 8/19/11 10:52 pm - Davidson, NC
 Sounds like a seven layer salad and you kicked it up a notch   NOM!!

~GG

girlygirl1313
on 8/19/11 10:53 pm - Davidson, NC
 another good one is broccoli salad.  Mayo and splenda mixed, then add to chopped fresh broccoli and copious amount of bacon and shredded cheese.  ~GG

elixir
on 8/19/11 11:26 pm - MI
Yum. This sounds good. I would also add some chopped boiled eggs to this like they do in my local deli. (I'd skip the nasty white raisins though. I always pick those out.)

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

girlygirl1313
on 8/19/11 11:32 pm - Davidson, NC
 def skip that raisons!!!  I tried Walmart's version with raisons (it was the first time I have heard of doing such a thing) and it was gross.... more bacon!  More cheese!  That is heaven.  :)

Julie R.
on 8/20/11 12:30 am - Ludington, MI
 Sunflower seeds is a nice mix to this too.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

jenflock
on 8/20/11 3:06 am - TN
oooh all great ideas...so to my next salad I will add eggs and edmame and maybe some broccoli!! Its kind of easy to get bored low carbing so I keep trying to find yummy recipes and this just fit the bill.  Thanks for the input. 

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/20/11 5:17 am - Sedona, AZ
I added slices of red onion to this recipe too and it was great!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

yorkieGal
on 8/20/11 10:49 pm - Clermont, FL

Anyone have detailed recipe or instructions for this?? never heard of it?? but it sure sounds good!!

thanks guys

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!