Can I get an example of the Vitamins you take daily?

ClairM13
on 8/19/11 3:30 am
 I feel a bit overwhelmed right now. So many vitamins... I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

I'm 8 weeks out and taking a multivitamin, calcium citrate, D3, and B12. It just doesn't seem like enough? I'm sure I'm missing something. I know most on here are probably tired of having to repeat themselves for the newbies so I apologize in advance.

Would any of you be willing to post your daily vitamin doses?

Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 4:04 am - Woodbridge, VA
Please note that I have significantly LESS malabsorption than typical DSers (super duper long common channel). Here's what I take daily:

Morning
multi
calcium citrate (4 at a time since I take capsules of calcium combined with magnesium)
hair/nails/skin combo
zinc
probiotic

Lunch
multi
calcium citrate
hair/nails/skin combo
Vit A
Vit D
Vit C

After Work
Iron
hair/nails/skin combo

Bedtime
calcium citrate
hair/nails/skin combo
zinc
Vit C
probiotic
ModestoK
on 8/19/11 4:57 am
Jill-
  Just curious - how long is your common channel?

Kim
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 9:13 am - Woodbridge, VA
Not certain since he didn't actually measure it, but likely in the neighborhood of 350cm or more.
pktwatch
on 8/19/11 4:33 am
I am having my DS in September and am sticking to the schedule that I received from the nutritionist who is a part of my surgeon's team, at lease until I get my first labs.

Here is what she has me taking after my DS:

4 chewable COMPLETE multi vitamins daily

2400 MG of calcium citrate daily

5000 IU vitamin D-3 daily

1000 microgram sublingual B-1 weekly

100 milligrams B-1 Weekly

Of course I need to spread it out through the day and some of it cannot be taken with others but it is not as much as some are taking (and I may be taking more later).

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

teachmid
on 8/19/11 4:50 am - OKC, OK
About a month out I gradually worked into the full Vitalady plan with a couple modification, I use an organizer and fix all my vitamins up once a month. The first couple of months was pretty overwhelming, but now it's pretty routine.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

ModestoK
on 8/19/11 5:05 am
First off, you MUST take iron or your levels will tank fast.
I'd recommend starting on the VitaLady DS plan and then tweeking the plan according to your lab results.  It is much harder to raise levels once they have tanked then to reduce high lab levels.

I started on the VL plan.  I'm 7months out.  I have stopped taking the B-complex and switched from the Kirkland / Costco Calcium Citrate to CitraCal because my B-6, B-12, and Folic Acid levels were through the roof.  I started getting some extremity numbness due to the high B-6.

I must say, taking all those vitamins isn't fun but it does become a habit.

~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Sean_B
on 8/19/11 8:09 am - Schenectady, NY
Everyone will be different... we adjust as needed based on our most recent labs.  I get FULL bloodwork every year, and every 6 months I get my A, D, K, Calcium & PTH checked

My common channel (125 cm) is only slightly longer than average

when I wake up, I take:
2 multi-vitamin, Centrum generic equivalent from either WalMart or BJs wholesale club
2 Caclium Citrate (1 dose, which is 630 mg)
1 D3-50 from VitaLady (only from Sept or Oct until Mar or Apr)

with my lunch, I take 2 Calcium Citrate (1 dose)

some time after dinner (somewhere between 6-8):
2 multi-vitamin
2 Calcium Citrate
1 D3-50 (always)

my labs have been GREAT...
to clarify on the D, I'm outside enough during the nicer weather months that my sunlight exposure helps me create enough D on my own that I only need to take the 50k per day... in the colder darker months, I bump up to 100k spread out

Pre: 324 Now: 185-190 http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v362/171/99/1251208761/n1251208761_30154298_7588.jpg

fluffy_me
on 8/19/11 8:38 am
my goodness sean!

you look YEARS younger than your 1st pic!

amazing!