Dr. Erik Wilson - Yes you all told me so!!!!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/18/11 3:25 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Thank you for sharing your story. Now when the next newbie comes along singing his praises, you can share from firsthand experience that he is NOT a DS surgeon anyone should choose, for a variety of reasons. You dodged a bullet.

kmg9122
on 8/18/11 11:30 pm - Spring, TX
Thanks, EN.  You were right all along in this.  I just kept thinking yeah, the crap he was making me jump through was a waste, and ridiculous, etc. but that fine, it would be worth it in the end.  I really had this nagging suspicion though that I wasn't going to get the surgery I wanted with him - like I'd wake up with the VSG only, etc.  So, at the end of the day, this was definitely for the best.  Can't wait to join you all on the other side.

Kathi - Houston, Texas
2008 - Lap Band  Hoping for revision to DS Mar 2012
Jewel506 is my Angel!

Nissa_M
on 8/18/11 4:58 pm - TX
You will love Dr Stewart! How frustrating going through all of that though!
kmg9122
on 8/18/11 11:31 pm - Spring, TX
Thanks, Nissa.  Good luck next week!  I'll be watching for you!

Kathi - Houston, Texas
Jewel506 is my Angel!

butercup
on 8/18/11 5:37 pm - Kennewick, WA
Do you have Aetna? It sounds like the same requirements that I have for insurance. I have to drive 3 1/5-4 hours once a month for 90 days (5 visits and counting) to see my surgeon. I know what you'll be going through first hand. It will be sooo worth it though.
kmg9122
on 8/18/11 11:08 pm - Spring, TX
Yep, I have Aetna.  I agree with you, this is well worth it and I can't wait!! (-:  How far into it are you?

Kathi - Houston, Texas
Jewel506 is my Angel!

butercup
on 8/19/11 1:56 am - Kennewick, WA
We just sent off for approval last Friday!  I'm so excited.  Do you have it through Bank of America?  If you do you get your own insurance advocate and I could give you her number if you'd like.  She'll help you through all of the hoops. 
kmg9122
on 8/19/11 2:45 pm - Spring, TX
I have mine through BP.  I'll have to see if they have an insurance advocate - that would be awesome.  We'll have to keep in touch! (-:

Kathi - Houston, Texas
Jewel506 is my Angel!