Angels

lwoznick
on 8/17/11 4:45 am - Green Bay, WI
I've heard people mention having an "angel" on OH. Is an angel something like a DS mentor? And if so, how do you go about asking for one? I've been frequenting the DS Boards pretty regularly, and especially now that my surgery date is scheduled for Sept. 6. But I'm wondering if having a DS Angel will benefit me even moreso. I'm not quite sure what their role is and would be interested in learning more about this from the vets. Thanks!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 8:08 am - OH
I've actually wondered what an angel is too...
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 11:04 am
Me too! Sorry I can't answer, maybe when they see all of us confused newbies someone will chime in.
careuh
on 8/17/11 11:45 am - Warren, OH
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/be+an+angel .php

Here's the link describing what an "angel" is :)
lwoznick
on 8/17/11 12:14 pm - Green Bay, WI
Thanks for providing that link. It looks like we have to wait until several days before our surgery date before you can see if you have an angel or not. I'm not sure who we're supposed to ask beforehand, but if there are any volunteers out there who may want to serve as angels for those of us who are interested, maybe you could PM us and let us know. Thanks!
honeybadger 11
on 8/17/11 9:43 pm - FL

As you are on the board longer there will just be those people that you feel like you connect with or possibly someone in your town. It seems like you often have to ask someone to be an angel. I already have a couple in mind for myself and once my surgery is scheduled i will ask:)

Just keep in mind it is a big task because its more than just updating everyone for you after surgery...this person usually takes on more of a role as a mentor, so choose wisely:)

Good Luck!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

lwoznick
on 8/18/11 12:08 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks, Jennifer. Just wanted to send well wishes your way too as you are awaiting your surgery date!
honeybadger 11
on 8/18/11 9:47 am - FL

Thank You:) Unfortunately its gonna be awhile for me but your surgery is SUPER close! Im so excited for you. I hope you were or will be able to connect with someone soon. I think its nice to have that one person to turn to because the DS is such a HUGE step. As you already know even as a pre op it can be very mentally and physically draining.

Best Wishes to you also!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

lwoznick
on 8/18/11 10:16 am - Green Bay, WI
That's very true, Jennifer. I do have someone in mind I'd like to ask to be my angel. I am starting to feel a bit more anxiety as the date draws nearer, so it would be nice to have additional support. If not, I always have people here on the boards. Everyone's been wonderful!
Ann M.
on 8/18/11 12:31 pm - GA
I don't have an official angel but there a couple of people I 'jive' with so I rely heavily on them through emails and PMs. In fact, I probably drive them ape ****

Just find people that you feel a connection to and reach out to them. The people on this board are really friendly.

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200