Please help with eating.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 10:50 pm - Lancaster, OH
Whoo, boy....

Here's what I posted 3 years ago, see if any of it rings a bell.....
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/3708487/Im-needing-sugg estions-please/

I HAD lost weight, but I was retaining water due to edema  (although, at 3 months, it's hard to think that that's the problem for you)

Anyway, I was dehydrated (I see that's already been offered, and I think it's SPOT ON)

It took a while to get better, but the puking didn't stop until I got my butt to a Cranio-sacral therapist.  That's a little "alternative" for some people, so I won't say it's the be-all/end-all for everyone, but if you want more details, I'm pming you my phone number.  feel free to call me, k?

I know it's not easy, but force yourself to drink more water, too, okay?
teachmid
on 8/17/11 10:12 am - OKC, OK
Caprice,
Thanks for sharing this. It's hard to imagine any of the vets having problems.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 12:11 am - Lancaster, OH
Well, I hardly feel like a vet, but thank you for thinking of me that way!

Yeah, I kind of blew it right out of the gate.  My biggest regret is that the people who only "kind of" knew me, assumed (emphasis on ASS) that I got a botched surgery in Mexico.  It's frustrating for me, because I really had excellent care with Dr. Ungson.

Well, all I can do now is be an example of how NOT to behave after surgery.  Of course, I'm eating, drinking and supplementing now, but that was a pretty big hole that I had to claw my way out of.
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 12:16 am
A sip or two of protein and I'm stopped, or in the toilet.
I feel like a crazy person in a wealthy land.
There are plenty of people out there who are truly starving and here I am with some sort of combination physical/psychical problem ABOUT FOOD that I do not understand that that I DO undertsand will kill me unless I master it.
I just want to understand what is going on with my crazy brain and body. How can I resist food? (Apparently I can quite easily.)
Will read the links, thanks.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 12:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
How much hydration are you getting?

beemerbeeper
on 8/17/11 1:35 am - AL
Your avatar doesn't help.  I don't know how far out you are or who your surgeon is.

If you are dehydrated that will make you lose your appetite.  How much water are you REALLY getting?

If you can't eat then get your protein from shakes.  Again, since I don't know how far out you are I don't know how much protein you need.

30 by 30, 60 by 60, 90 by 90 and 100 MINIMUM for life.

How much protein are you getting?  Are you eating ANYTHING?  Give us a list of everything you've eaten in the last 3 days. 

Basically long answer to say need more infor.

~Becky

sassyjonz
on 8/17/11 9:52 am - Atlanta, GA
Eloisie, I went through a similar stage early out where nothing tasted good and I could only eat little bits at any one time so I couldn't see the point in eating at all.  I also had very little appetite so I could barely remind myself to eat.  What knocked me off my butt was that I wasn't losing either.  I could not comprehend that not eating did not = weight loss.  With us, we have to eat and once I started eating, my weight loss picked up.

Now I ate things like hummus on Flat Out bread and scrambled eggs with cottage cheese and lots of protein shakes until my tastes gradually started getting back to normal.

But you must eat.  Keep trying to find things that don't make you sick.  Try peanut butter or mixed nuts.  Try something different that you didn't eat before your surgery and see if you might like it now.  You must eat to keep from getting sick and you must eat to kick your weight loss into gear.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 10:24 am
Greenbaum, revision from RNY, three months.

I still can't eat anything. Just seems like too much. What a problem of the privileged. But it is driving me crazy.I'm weak and just stay at home, unable to work. My thinking is clearly clouded. I don't want food or drink.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 10:25 am - Burlington County, NJ
ER. RIGHT NOW. GO. YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. GET SOMEONE TO DRIVE YOU OR CALL 911.

newyorkbitch
on 8/17/11 10:48 am
You are weak and you stay home,  unable to work,  clouded thinking,  not eating or drinking?

GO TO THE HOSPITAL.