Lab Rat Data

MizCharlotte
on 8/16/11 2:21 pm - Spring, TX
What is the cost for this?  I am sure many of us wouldn't mind sending a donation to reimburse you.
southernlady5464
on 8/16/11 3:34 pm
MizCharlotte,

Most of the cost I have already incurred...I will be adding the site to my server which I had already for my business. The cost of the domain is minimal. Where the bulk of the cost upfront was hiring the coder to do the site so we can use it like before.

To be able to do data in an excel type format without the insecurity of just posting an excel spreadsheet, I need it in php.I know very little about coding in php, mostly enough to edit a file or play copy/paste. Starting a page from scatch is beyond my ability. And html was not an option for what we needed to do.

With that said, my coder cut me a deal...normally she charges $50+ dollars an hour and figured this would take her about 10-15 hours. She could also give me a project based rate based on how complicated but was still looking at over $500. Since this was a community based project and not for profit, she is only charging me $250. Since I know how complex these things are, it is an extremely fair price.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 2:32 pm, edited 8/16/11 2:33 pm
What seems to boggle the mind a bit is the part about not being able to recapture that data, which should have been in some sort of data file.....people involved with websites would be more helpful, but it's more helpful to have that data than anything else, and that's usually what website providers (ie data preservers) advertise as their specialities.

Have your contacted her former website provider? Who probably did do a database backup at sometime? That's really what you need.
southernlady5464
on 8/16/11 3:37 pm
Good idea but it won't work...hosting providers have to adhere to privacy laws as well and the only peson who could get her database from her provider is the owner who I tried 3 times to contact. Her hosting provider would not be able to just give it to me.

So that idea, as good as it is, isn't workable.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 2:47 pm - Beverly, NJ
One of the things I was looking forward to doing as a post-op was adding my info to the list. Now that I have info to add and it's not there I'm sad .

You are awesome for doing this and deserve a gold star! You should def put up a PayPal button so we can all pitch in and help. Don't make the burden all yours.

I personally like DSLabRatData.com . It fits with DSFacts.com and as new DS sites pop up we could of started a trend

I'm not good at much more than having fun on the computer but if you need anything let me know. I'm on here most of the day because of school.
southernlady5464
on 8/16/11 3:40 pm
Thanks...

And it seems that dslabratedata.com is the winner, so will be handling that today.

Btw, I am sorry about Sephanie... I read your blog post and it was truly from the heart...she will be missed.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 3:48 pm - Beverly, NJ
YAY for dslabratdata.com!!!

And thank you.  I never knew in a million years losing someone you've known online would hurt or that you could grieve like this.  It truly is a unique experience.  I've met some wonderful people along with it though.  Her family and BF are such sweet wonderful people and the friends she kept online and in person are doing their best to keep her memory alive.  She really was a vibrant beautiful woman.
Renee2007
on 8/17/11 1:21 am - Central, FL
 Thank you so much for taking this on and bringing it back! It is very much appreciated. I look forward to entering my info and making a donation to help with the costs.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

southernlady5464
on 8/17/11 5:53 am
Renee, you are more than welcome.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 4:05 am
I was searching for lab rat data yesterday,ironiclly!

I would truly appreciate you doing this.

Thank you