FYI, Promo Code for 25% off NSI and Vitacost Products (such as Bone Booster)

linda1814
on 8/16/11 4:44 am
FYI, 
I've seen posts that a few people use the Bone Booster product so I thought I'd pass along this coupon code since I might try it out as well. 

Use EMAJNV until August 22 to get 25% off.  
http://www.vitacost.com/Sale-25-Percent-Off-EMAJNV?csrc=EM-V ALU20110816B:main

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

Julie R.
on 8/16/11 5:08 am - Ludington, MI
 Oh THANK YOU.   I am a big Bone Booster fan, and I'm almost out!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

linda1814
on 8/16/11 5:15 am
Hey Julie, 
How many of these do you take a day?  

Thanks

Julie R.
on 8/16/11 5:20 am - Ludington, MI
 EIGHTEEN of those suckers!!!!!!!!!
I can swallow six at a time.    My husband is quite impressed.   

linda1814
on 8/16/11 5:30 am
Holy smokes!!!  LOL.  
I know that you're requirements aren't necessarily typical of all DSers but do you take this in place of any of your other calcium?  Have you seen any positive impact on your PTH levels since you've begun using this?  I see my endo again in a few weeks but I don't feel like he's doing enough regarding my PTH... I've changed the brand and dosage of calcium that I was taking and also began taking potassium citrate three times a day at his request.  I had blood drawn a week and a half ago  so when they mail me my results, I'll see if anything has budged.   I figure adding this can't hurt, right?

Julie R.
on 8/16/11 5:42 am - Ludington, MI
 I still take calcium citrate - I take the BA chewables, and UPcal D in my tea, in addition to the MCHA.  I think I HAVE noticed a difference with the Bone Booster, especially in regard to my serum calcium, albumin, zinc and protein levels.    It hasn't done crapola for my PTH, which my endo doc has said may remain high forever, because the gland becomes enlarged and stays that way.      Now, I'm not sure if it is the calcium hydroxyapatite in and of itself.   It could be the fact that 1) I'm now taking boron with my calcium, as it's in the formula.  2)  I'm now consistently taking K1 and K2, because it's in the formula, or 3)  I'm more compliant with taking my calcium, because the MCHA doesn't constipate the hell out of me.

For those wondering why it would affect my zinc and protein levels - they are all interconnected with calcium.    Pre Bone Booster my zinc, protein, albumin, E, copper and serum calcium were all low.    As soon as I started taking this product, they all *poof* popped up into the normal range.  At my last set of labs, my D remained pretty icky (31) and my PTH was still way too high.   That was a huge improvement from my last labs.

My bone metabolism markers still need some work, however.

linda1814
on 8/16/11 5:57 am
Cool, thanks for all the info.  I'm going to give it a shot.  I didn't realize that zinc was related to calcium because in addition to my PTH being elevated, my zinc is now low.  

I won't bug you anymore!  Thanks so much!!

Julie R.
on 8/16/11 6:31 am - Ludington, MI
 That's okay, Linda, bug away.

ModestoK
on 8/16/11 11:36 am
Julie -
  You must not have a gag reflex to be able to do six at a time.  I'm impressed too!
dawn199
on 8/16/11 1:22 pm
newbie question...Why do you take these?  If you take bone booster can you stop taking any of the other vits that are listed on the package....or do you take these just for extra vits.   I see you still take calium.  I am just starting the proess to get revised from lap band to DS and want to understand everything before I have surgery.  I just have never heard of these before.    Thanks!