Misinformation about about why bariatric surgeons really don't perform the DS is being spread

butercup
on 8/16/11 8:54 am - Kennewick, WA
I would say they are both horrible, but I have a personal reason to hate tee hee.  My horrible ***** mother says it when she's trying to be adorable.  Like if a honey badger said tee hee after ripping a cobra's head off.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 8:56 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Have I got a video for you !

www.youtube.com/watch
butercup
on 8/16/11 9:00 am - Kennewick, WA
FAVORITE!!!  So glad you got the reference. Nasty ass honey badger! 
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 9:53 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Love that video
AllieInOntario
on 8/16/11 6:05 am
Considering what I read this morning about someone being unable to adequately vomit with her crap band - to be honest ... if we're talking about dangerous... lets start with that hideous band first.

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:49 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm game lets talk about the hideous band. Me first

I was banded with my first band on June 19Th 2006. This band caused me to vomit multiple times per week, and suffer from severe esophageal reflux every night when I went to sleep.
I had to sleep in an up right position....Yet still I would awake with a mouthful of burning acid.

I experienced left shoulder pain from day one and it never went fully away. I listened to those on the band board with their well meaning advice telling me it, " was just gas " or that I was eating too fast, or not chewing my food well enough. I followed their advice and still I kept experiencing esophageal reflux every night.

Left shoulder pain can be considered normal under certain cir****tances. For example :
After abdominal surgery ( WLS ) you will experience trapped gas in your shoulders, but that gas usually dissipates within a week or two MAX.

The only reason someone with a band would experience left shoulder pain months/years after surgery is because they are experiencing diaphragmatic pain. The diaphragm cannot feel pain and refers the pain to the left, right, and sometimes both shoulders, as well as the chest and neck.

This pain can be confused with cardiac symptoms and anxiety attacks. Your left shoulder, arm, back,throat,neck and/or chest will hurt like you are experiencing a heart attack.

If the band is not removed in a timely manner the damage to your diaphragm may become permanent.

My daughter who was banded the same day as myself had to have her first band removed for the same exact reasons I had to have mine removed.

Our bands had slipped.

I was banded with my second band in December of 2008. This was an unplanned emergency surgery, so I was not prepared to revise to another surgery without being fully informed. I regretfully chose to have a second band placed, as well as my daughter.

At this point I had loss 70 lbs the hard way. From 2008 to the time of my second revision. I was still able to maintain my 70 lbs loss. This was not because of my band. It was because I was determined to not gain any of my pre-op weight back. I had been through enough and I wasn't going to allow myself to gain any of that weight back.

I experienced even more left shoulder, back pain, now was experiencing a whole new set of problems.  Esophageal Motility Disorder & Dysphagia.

"The esophagus functions solely to deliver food from the mouth to the stomach where the process of digestion can begin. Efficient transport by the esophagus requires a coordinated, sequential motility pattern that propels food from above and clears acid and bile reflux from below. Disruption of this highly integrated muscular motion limits delivery of food and fluid, as well as causes a bothersome sense of dysphagia and chest pain"

I woke up with my air passage fully obstructed one night. I tried very hard not to panic and ran across my room to the bathroom where I was able to bend over the toilet while using both fists to press in on my stomach. I was able to successfully dislodge the object from my air way. I could have died right then and there.

I knew my problems with the band were becoming worse, so I had to do something about it. I called my surgeon and was able to get in that very day. I was directly admitted to the hospital where I stayed for six days. They removed my lap band and performed a VSG on me.

My band had eroded.

There are many who have been programmed into thinking by the makers of the Lap Band, Realize Band,the O band , and misinformation being perpetuated by other bandsters that the band is
" Minimally Invasive & Reversible " That is complete brain washing and anyone who chooses to go forward with having a band implanted for these reasons, need to research more because as you can see just by mine and my daughters experience alone.
That we have a combined totall of 6  Minimally Invasive surgeries.

My band was not reversible....it was removable,
but not until it had already caused severe nerve damage..

Phyllis C.
on 8/16/11 6:30 am
She is either fatally obtuse or she works for Allergan.  I asked her is she worked for Allergan and of course she denied it.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:36 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Maybe she works for Realize band or the O band but my gut tells me different.
jenflock
on 8/16/11 7:09 am - TN
I noticed in the 1st post it HAD a crapband..then in a further post it WANTED one and was concerned about VSG because it didn't want it's stomach removed... HMMMMM

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 7:13 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On August 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM Pacific Time, jenflock wrote:
I noticed in the 1st post it HAD a crapband..then in a further post it WANTED one and was concerned about VSG because it didn't want it's stomach removed... HMMMMM
I'ma go and quote it THANKS.