Misinformation about about why bariatric surgeons really don't perform the DS is being spread

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 5:21 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I think you guys may want to chime in on this.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4438994/Two-reasons-why-the- Lap-Band-cant-possibly-work-for-everyone/#36699476

Undecided_2
Rockville, MD
0 Member Since: 07/25/11
[Latest Posts]
Exactly, NONE are perfect at least you get to live in most cir****tances if the band slips or even erodes and you are not injured for life..lol, with other surgeries if complications occurs it's usually death..

I was out to lunch last weekend with my sister and friend with RNY and she could not eat freely from the menu, it had to be all protein based, she was limited to baked fish and beans at 5 years post op, if she did not want to risk an embarrassing dumping attack in front of everyone, my sister with the band  who is 4 years post op, ordered what she wanted, but just ate less of it.

Let's be fair here, if you are going to talk about dangerous surgeries, talk about the DS  that most surgeons that I've talked to will not do, not because it's complicated but because it will kill patients easily if don't comply, if they live through the surgery itself,.if you don't comply with the band rules, you just don't lose weight or your band slips from being too tight, but if you don't comply with RNY or the DS you die or become extremely malnourished.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 5:58 am, edited 8/16/11 5:58 am - Lancaster, OH
I'm a little curious about who this person was in their earlier OH life.  Empty profile, account created in late July, and has an agenda.  The posts mostly say the same thing: lap band is better than RNY.  And the same nonsense about baked fish and beans in most of "it's" posts.
Oh, well.  Should be fun to watch.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:06 am
The misinformation "it " spreads is insane.. to the point I'm smelling eau de troll.

Long term leaks with the sleeve.. complications usually kill. Band is A-OK, it's all about compliance! It's a fact doncha know, her sisters are the perfect example.. ugh. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:22 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Yup, I'm smelling a troll now too.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:20 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
The only other person I know of that says, " giggles " is Candypantz. (not saying it's him though.)
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:28 am - Lancaster, OH
Oh, "doctor hollywood" (vsg) giggled a lot, too, yanno.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:40 am
There's another giggler.. though I can't recall her name, another brunette. It's annoying. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:50 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Giggles are damn annoying when they come from grown ass adults.
butercup
on 8/16/11 8:36 am - Kennewick, WA
It's not as bad as "tee hee"    Nails on a chalkboard for me.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 8:49 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
No no no  no noooooo " giggles " is the ABSOLUTE worst !