Thinking of going Vegatarian.... Any vegatarians here? IF yes, please share your path.

sweetdew
on 8/15/11 3:57 pm - CA
If I were to go vegetarian, I would still eat eggs, cheese and maybe fish? Drink my protein coffees/shakes etc to get enough protein in.

What are your thoughts and experiences if you have any.

Thanks,
Shireen
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Diane Davis
on 8/15/11 4:19 pm
Shireen, what has made you contemplate going this route?  I'm just curious.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
sweetdew
on 8/15/11 4:31 pm - CA
Ever since I had my DS, I just don't love meat the way I used to. I used to LOVE MEAT, could not get enough of it! 

Meat does not agree with me most of the time, nor chicken. It sorta grosses me out with the texture etc... I was so excited about eating BACON and LOTS of it and it kind of does nothing for me most of the time...  Besides being loaded with various hormones, fillers etc. unless you buy kosher or organic, it is scary what they pump into the animals these days.

But for the most part, it is just that i have a really hard time with it and it just does not do for me what it used to.....

Diane, your day is around the corner woman! Wednesday right? So much love to you! Swinging critters, prayers, good vibes and energy and all that comes with it! Love you!

Sweetdew

Diane Davis
on 8/15/11 4:52 pm
Thanks Shireen.  I understand your explaination, what about protein drinks?

I'm really getting nervous.  I love you very much too!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
sweetdew
on 8/15/11 5:08 pm - CA
Love, love, love my protein coffee's!!!!!!!
Sweetdew

goodkel
on 8/15/11 6:29 pm
ONLY fish, eggs, and cheese? For a LIFETIME?

I don't think the drinks/shakes give you the full spectrum of protein you need. So that will be an awful lot of those three things you'll be eating.

I can't imagine it. But, as long as you are willing to give it up if it doesn't work, I guess you'll be ok.

Be sure to get your protein levels checked every three months for awhile as if you were a new post-op until you are sure your levels are ok and stable.

Good luck!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

sweetdew
on 8/16/11 12:51 am - CA
I dont know if i could do a lifetime.... NOt even sure if i can do it at all Lol.... But just really having trouble with meat. I am just going to go really slow and cut back and see where it takes me.

thanks for your reply
Sweetdew

fluffy_me
on 8/15/11 6:54 pm
i am a vegetarian, don't eat meat, fish, or egss - but i do have dairy.

however i just had my surgery 7 weeks ago - i'm still new.

it's a little tough (and boring!) but i'm doing ok. need to have 2 protein shakes a day for now - 30g morning, and another 30g at night.
MajorMom
on 8/15/11 7:24 pm - VA
You may want to aim for 4 or more shakes a day. It may be a little early to get that much in, but you could get 100g of protein from shakes.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

fluffy_me
on 8/16/11 12:20 am
hey majormom,

i'm trying to follow the 30/60/90 rule thing - i'm on my second month which would mean i should be getting aroung 60g of protein a day for now.

if i take 100g i may not have room to eat real food? i have a very small appitite for now.