Where are all the surgeons?

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/15/11 12:49 pm, edited 8/15/11 4:03 pm - Tuvalu

...because every single world becomes part of what they used to threaten us with...your "permanent record," and not everyone wants all that info out there easy to find.

Besides, rumor has it that not everyone on the internet is mentally stable...
hopingintx
on 8/15/11 11:41 pm

HIJACK 

...because we don't someone with Ms. Sue's face showing up at our front door.  lol

I think a state might be nice but agree that if a doctor doesn't want his name under your avi, there is something fishy going on.
Nancy            
Grammo
on 8/16/11 6:41 pm - Nashville, TN
True dat.
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/15/11 1:15 pm
True, but some people have had bad experiences with cyberstalkers or estranged family stalking them online. In that case one would want to hide their location, choose a vague or general username and not disclose any identity information on their profile.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

goodkel
on 8/15/11 3:02 pm
EXCEPT their surgeon info, of course.

Ms. Cal Culator gets a pass because everyone knows she did her own DS with a disposable razor and paper clips while stuck in Tuvalu traffic one day.

Now you know what "Other" means.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/15/11 4:13 pm - Tuvalu
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 2:28 am
goodkel
on 8/16/11 4:18 am
On August 16, 2011 at 9:28 AM Pacific Time, eloisie wrote:
I think that there are many good reasons to not be so open with surgeons and surgery dates. I know the good points.

HOWEVAH.

If you've had a bad experience in the past and display that date, people can come after you. I've been afraid of that.

This is not a "free" forum; it may be "free" in terms of not costing you any money, but the powers in charge can and will "zap" stuff" deemed disadvantageous to general service, so why tempt them. I serve a purpose here to warn people about bad surgeries and bad surgeons who live in my deep, dark past.

For everyone else (perhaps first time surgeries) post away!

Revisions have some other concerns.
Nothing is preventing you from fudging the date a little. Unless, you're a new post-op, adding or subtracting a few months isn't going to make a difference. Or put your date down for a Sunday.

You also don't have to use your real name anywhere on this forum. Many don't.

I would think that someone who is already cautious or paranoid for a specific reason would have taken those precautions and their surgeon's name would do nothing to identify them.

What additional concerns do you think revisions have?

Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 4:30 am
goodkel
on 8/16/11 4:50 am
Ahhh, interesting. A woman of mystery. You must be a ninja! 

The only surgeon that matters for the purposes of this board, btw, is your revision surgeon.
What's past is past.
Divulge how you got to this place in your life or not. What matters is how you are doing now.
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"