Its really been only 6 years....

* Nicole *
on 8/15/11 5:32 am
Wow I see alot of us vets tend to be Aug folks.

Well 6 years ago today I regained my life and was on the way to truely start living the life I've wanted and know I should.

Has my body ever met a normal BMI....NO! and I don't care. Cause after alot of recent findings if I ever got below 200 I would be too skinny for my build. Started this journey at 21.5 years old had surgery at 22.5 yo. Weighing 402 at the most I knew wearing 4-5X shirts and 30/32W pants (I refused to wear as you grow clothes). Today I usually sit at 220-225 (would prefer back down to the 215 I liked but there is that 10 lbs bounce back. Wear L-XL shirts (I still have DD sweater puppies and a huge rib cage and shoulders) and wear 10-12 in jeans. I love who I am and how my life is.

Im back heavy into my horses and showing. Will I ever be showing high level...no. I love my Arabian horses with certain bloodlines (Eqyptian & Crabbet). Which tend to be on the smaller side so my 5'10.5" frame looks funny. I'll still ride and show but when I hit my dream of one of my horses going to Regionals and Nationals it would be my sis, friend or friends cousin up. Plus they all have better bodies, lmao.

I do not regret my DS even with my freakish bilio limb twist that happened a year later and wish I learned of it sooner.

So here is to basically 180lbs gone and staying gone. I eat .....well normal and have great labs. No one would know I had surgery unless I brought it up or if they actually notice my nearly invisible scar or missing belly button (had to go with panni removal because of lack of blood flow and multiple hernias).

I Love my DS and love my life.

Sorry I'm not around much just a ton of stuff going on, alot way beyond my control and super busy at work. 

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Amanda-DS
on 8/15/11 5:36 am
happy surgiversary to you!!

so glad you are able to live  alife you love with your horses!!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

J J the Jet Plane
on 8/15/11 7:59 am
Congrats you're a great inspiration to all.  I think you look great and I hope I do as well as you have.
JJ
Kathleen F.
on 8/15/11 8:13 am
Time does fly, doesn't it? Congratulations on maintaining your weight loss!
NoreenRT
on 8/15/11 10:23 am - Warner Robins, GA
congrats on the past six years and for enjoying a nice, full, and busy life. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Fade2Pink
on 8/15/11 2:26 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Happy Surgiversary, Nicole.  It's great that you contnue to do so well, it really gives us that are not so far out that the DS life is pretty darn good!
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

Diane Davis
on 8/15/11 3:55 pm

Happy Surgiversary Nicole!  Be Proud of who you are and who you've become.

I, too, use to ride.  I haven"t been on my horses for 2 years because of my weight.  I have 2 Tennessee Walkers, and i miss gliding on them.

My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
goodkel
on 8/15/11 4:20 pm
Hey Angelette!

Nice to see your "face" around here! I'd love to see any recent photos you may have with your horses. It is great to see that you're doing so well!

Congratulations on your surgiversary!

Don't be a stranger! xoxo
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Renee2007
on 8/16/11 1:08 am - Central, FL
 Happy Surgiversary, Nicole! I miss seeing you around here. So glad that you are out living and enjoying your life!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150